Review: Michael Jackson The Experience

Michster

Sep 16, 2009
-Zen- said:
Falko said:
-Zen- said:
Jikuu said:
In the review, you asked what Ghosts was. I'm willing to wager that it's the song in that Halloween special Jackson did.
What Halloween special? If you mean the video where the red leather jacket-clad Michael dances with zombies, that's Thriller.
"Ghosts" was a short film MJ made in the late 90's. He co-wrote the story with Stephen King and Stan Winston did the special effects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Ghosts
Huh. Never knew about that one. Thanks for clearing that up.
This. Plus: "Ghosts" is an awesome song!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Monshroud said:
OMG was that Susan rockin' out to Thriller?!?! I demand the video of The Escapist crew dancing! Post it!

With it being a Wii game though, can't you basically just swing your arm around in various ways and still nail it? Not like the Wii can tell where your feet are.. This may have been a better Kinect title all things considered.
Kinect and Move versions are both coming.

Also, I will rarely resist the chance to get my groove on. I love dancing and have little problem making a fool out of myself in public.

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
-Zen- said:
Jikuu said:
In the review, you asked what Ghosts was. I'm willing to wager that it's the song in that Halloween special Jackson did.
What Halloween special? If you mean the video where the red leather jacket-clad Michael dances with zombies, that's Thriller.
Nah, not that one. It's this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Ghosts

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
Monshroud said:
OMG was that Susan rockin' out to Thriller?!?! I demand the video of The Escapist crew dancing! Post it!

With it being a Wii game though, can't you basically just swing your arm around in various ways and still nail it? Not like the Wii can tell where your feet are.. This may have been a better Kinect title all things considered.
Kinect and Move versions are both coming.

Also, I will rarely resist the chance to get my groove on. I love dancing and have little problem making a fool out of myself in public.
thats right susan. we love watching you and all the staff make fools of yourselves. there needs to be more kinect, move, and wii videos on this site. i cant stop watching people look hilarious trying to do those motion games

also, was that steve rockin out as p2?

Lucifer dern

Jun 11, 2010
I'll be honest escapist
I invite some gorgeous girl round who want to play games
I am not going to wip out the wii start dancing like a supposed sex offender and grabbing my crotch...

Falko

Jun 5, 2010
Also, I hope you can get that sequined glove on the PS3 and 360 version. I wish them 2 were coming out before christmas. it would go great with the Smooth Criminal suit I'm getting. (Yes, Im getting a Smooth Criminal suit for christmas. Everything else I was interested in got delayed so the suit from my favourite music video makes up for it)

Towels

Feb 21, 2010
This looks pretty sweet. Not only do I like MJ, but now I can play a dancing game and not be confused as a fruit. I wonder what "They Don't Really Care About Us" routine is... Time for some Fist-pounding action!

I'm sorry fellas, but Dance Central just looks too effeminate for my tastes: Poppy dances where you slap your hips, shake your butt, and playfully point at your smile to Lady Gaga just makes you look either drunk or gay if you're a dude. Seriously, try that a club or bar and see what happens.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it defeats the point of having a Dance game if you want to impress the ladies with your "manly" ability to cut loose.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
I am very intrigued by this, but the Kinect version sounds the most promising by far. My wife and I are having a ton of fun with Dance Central, but I like MJ's music far more than most of the stuff in that game. They should have had Harmonix develop this instead. I hope they can get it working as good as Dance Central on the Kinect. If so, this should be pretty damn awesome.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
Ridrith said:
pluizig said:
I know that the avarage Escapister is young, male and heterosexual, but I can't help but feel this review dismisses a significant part of its audience.
I'm sure they'll get over it. Some people... So sensitive.
Within context of the review, he was, at that point, directly responding to that exact stereotype in a hypothetical sense. But I also felt that accidental pang of non-inclusion for homosexuals when he said, "You like girls, RIIIGHT?"

As far as the game goes, our whole house of college gamers have been playing Just Dance 2 for the last two months since we got it, and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It is phenomenal for parties and for anyone to just jump right in. So now there is this BUT WITH MICHAEL JACKSON.

There is no way that this can go wrong.

hawkeye52

Jul 17, 2009
considering i hate dancing games and live right next to a room of wii games with hit titles such as dj hero 2 and just dance im gonna make sure no one in my boarding house hears of this

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
The game looks pretty meh (Rhythm games of any kind bore me) but I like getting to see the Escapist office dancing. Dance, monkeys, dance!

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
Oh it's for the Wii? Lol. Completly forgot.

Dance Central on the Kinect sounds like the only game that's worth the purchase of the devise, it's going to be 50-50 with me and my dad and just dance/work-out at the same time. Sounds like fun, the rest is shovelware.
This game probably should have been made for Kinect as well. I'd rather dance to Michael Jackson than Lady Gaga any day.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Since I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson nor dancing games, I'm not quite sure why I clicked on this review, but I'm really glad I did: that Thriller scene at the end of the video is one of the funniest things I've seen all year.

I love this site's staff. Every single one of you. Cookies all 'round, yo.