Review: Michael Jackson The Experience

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Explorator Vimes said:
This may sound silly, but I really like that the Escapist video reviews show what they look like while they're using the various motion controls. It just adds a layer of amusement for me to watch them more than the game sometimes, and lets me see how responsive the game reacts to whatever flail they do IRL.
isn't the whole point of motion controls to a)create a source of amusement for everyone in the room not playing the game and b) supply content for youtube

so doing those reviews without showing people using the controls would be like doing a Halo review without shooting

docbox1567

Nov 10, 2009
Not a good review, Greg. Men like you need to stop thinking that all games are just for men/men-children. You went on and on as if every single person who will ever buy this game will be male. A little confusing since it appeared it was just you and women playing. You need to get over the fact that women play games too. This isn't an exclusive boys club. This review is definitely a step back in video game as a whole.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Susan Arendt said:
Monshroud said:
OMG was that Susan rockin' out to Thriller?!?! I demand the video of The Escapist crew dancing! Post it!

With it being a Wii game though, can't you basically just swing your arm around in various ways and still nail it? Not like the Wii can tell where your feet are.. This may have been a better Kinect title all things considered.
Kinect and Move versions are both coming.

Also, I will rarely resist the chance to get my groove on. I love dancing and have little problem making a fool out of myself in public.
Susan : Dancing :: Funk : Singing?

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
ZelosRaine said:
I'd just like to throw out there that this reviewer is a misogynistic, homophobic pig who can go screw off. I stopped the video after the first 20 something seconds.
Somewhat of an extreme view don't you think? I myself am bisexual and although I disagree with most of the things he said about the game (I hate Wii games, could never stand Micheal Jackson, and hate dance games) Calling him a misogynistic, homophobic pig when the man was obviously just having a bit of a joke is uncalled for.

OT: After playing Just Dance, i don't think I'll be playing another wii dance game, let alone this one, since it looks almost identical.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
A little extreme but this...
docbox1567 said:
Not a good review, Greg. Men like you need to stop thinking that all games are just for men/men-children. You went on and on as if every single person who will ever buy this game will be male. A little confusing since it appeared it was just you and women playing. You need to get over the fact that women play games too. This isn't an exclusive boys club. This review is definitely a step back in video game as a whole.
and this.
ZelosRaine said:
I'd just like to throw out there that this reviewer is a misogynistic, homophobic pig who can go screw off. I stopped the video after the first 20 something seconds.
Quoted this stuff since I am agreeing. I know the parts of the review basically intended to be jokes, but it just comes off as really dumb and childish. You alienate audiences completely and lose credibility when you throw crap like that out there.

On the topic of the actual game, I'm really looking forward to playing it since I'm a lifelong MJ fan and used to be a dancer who replicated his techniques. Might be hard getting my girlfriend into it though xD

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
On Angry Joe's review [http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/11/mj-experience-kinect-preview/], he found some rare Kinect footage of this game that shows singing portions.

Yeahhh, I'm probably just going to avoid this one. Having said that, the full motion tracking looked pretty cool on it, and it was interesting to see a 3D version of yourself in the game instead of that ultra-creepy MJ avatar.

laserpants

Sep 26, 2010
Not what I expect for something that is suppose to be Michael Jackson experience. Where is the child molestation sim? Or the court room defendance scenario? Man I had so much hopes up.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
josh797 said:
Susan Arendt said:
Monshroud said:
OMG was that Susan rockin' out to Thriller?!?! I demand the video of The Escapist crew dancing! Post it!

With it being a Wii game though, can't you basically just swing your arm around in various ways and still nail it? Not like the Wii can tell where your feet are.. This may have been a better Kinect title all things considered.

Also, I will rarely resist the chance to get my groove on. I love dancing and have little problem making a fool out of myself in public.
thats right susan. we love watching you and all the staff make fools of yourselves. there needs to be more kinect, move, and wii videos on this site. i cant stop watching people look hilarious trying to do those motion games

also, was that steve rockin out as p2?
Here's a proposal for The Escapist: Make a web series about YOURSELVES. Shoot it fly-on-the-wall style like The Office. I can totally see Russ being like Michael Scott... Sorry Russ :p

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
You know, MJ is really being a sore loser about the whole death thing.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Oh it's for the Wii? Lol. Completly forgot.

Dance Central on the Kinect sounds like the only game that's worth the purchase of the devise, it's going to be 50-50 with me and my dad and just dance/work-out at the same time. Sounds like fun, the rest is shovelware.
After seeing a glimpse of the Kinect version, I'm not to impressed.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
pluizig said:
I know that the avarage Escapister is young, male and heterosexual, but I can't help but feel this review dismisses a significant part of its audience.
Agreed. The parts of the video supplement talking about cute girls in homeroom were uncomfortable to listen to. Otherwise, a fine review.

DPunch4

May 6, 2009
Ok one minute in and I'm offended. That's REALLY hard to do. It accidentally discriminates gays and women. No sir, I don't like it.

Edit: Finished watching it, wanted to puke at the end. Thanks -_-

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Im seriously going to have to rent this and invite all the loose bitches ERRRR.....
beautiful african amarican women with questionable sexual practices over to play with my Wii remote Errrr...... penis.

No wait, i had that one right the first time. Man im Bad.

rampantcreature

sticky-fingered filcher
Apr 14, 2009
I think the ONLY appropriate way to play this game is the way is was presented at NYCC:
On a stage, in front of a crowd, with a smoke-covered stage, multi-colored flashing lights, large screens...and a crew of 5 other people being fools with you.

Woem

May 28, 2009
"You need to hold the remote in your right hand." In the meantime your video shows everyone holding the remote in their left hand.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Saw some Kinect footage of this. The kareoke is very offputting if it's mandatory, as i'd prefer to see my family dancing like idiots rather than singing like the deaf.

Looks like a fun Wii game for the holiday period though.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
John Funk said:
Susan Arendt said:
Monshroud said:

Susan : Dancing :: Funk : Singing?
I would say that would probably be a fair analogy, yep.

Woem said:
"You need to hold the remote in your right hand." In the meantime your video shows everyone holding the remote in their left hand.
The video is actually reversed. The way you play is by facing the screen and mirroring the moves you see. But if we showed you that in the video, it would look like we were do the moves backwards - so we reversed the video image instead.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
While it does look fun, and it'd help me get laid, I'd rather have a game that'd teach me swing dancing.