Review: Naughty Bear

El_Teodoro

Jun 24, 2010
Somehow this makes me feel more guilty than stabbing the rapist old man in Oblivion or garrote wiring drug dealers in Hitman.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Timbydude said:
Call me crazy, but I just never found humor in the whole "cute woodland animals die in horrific ways" thing.
Same here. Seems very twisted and disturbed. I'd be more interested in checking the phsyce of someone who gains laughter from seeing cute things die horribly.

That said this game seems really shallow and unrefined.
This game also reminded me of when yathzee said that games that tell you to be bad are no different from games that tell you to be good.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
The voice at the beginning of the video made me think of Lionhead's Head, i mean, Peter Molyneux... that would have been wierd if it was him speaking... XD

this is the most Psychopathic game i've ever seen, and it doesn't even have any sense or particular interest to me apart from having the pt of view of a Deranged TeddyBear/dude having enough imagination to kill others in original ways.

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
I was hoping that Naughty Bear wouldn't look so bad. I was actually looking forward to it, but after watching this review... just, no.

Such a shame.

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Huh. The game narrator's voice sounds reeeeally familiar. Doesn't he front for a UK kid's TV show IRL? Something on CBeebies?

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Going to go against the grain here and say I quite like it, though in short doses. I do agree however that it should have been a download game and not full retail. The multiplier ticking down does ruin a lot of the fun though and going for really high scores requires part luck and part planning.

likalaruku said:
I prefur more story-driven games, but it sounds like a game that's good for beating off rage after work or school.
I see what you did there.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
SomeBritishDude said:
Maybe I'm just wrong in the head but...this isn't nearly violent enough. I was expecting something on the level of Happy Tree Friends, this is just a bit tame for a game that revolves around violence.

The only thing that made me interested in this game doesn't look all that great.
yeah...not enough in it. if your going to kill with teady bears....i wanna see some conkers bad furday kinda shit...that game was fun

Ayay

Dec 6, 2009
Great another game that goes ,,hmmm we cant make it good ,,,lets make a game those Watchdog groups can scream about , That worth a few units in extra sale at least. And teddy bears ? ...really ? sigh But to be fair the total lack of any thing new in this game is par for the course for most games nowdays.

dawnskies

Mar 27, 2010
I agree 100% with the original review! Only want to add we preordered to get the extra costume, only to find out you still have to unlock it, what kind of crap is that!

I dont think I can stand to hear 1 more BOOOO after the level where you cant hit a bear! LOL

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
The largest crime was the lag.

A console game should never have lag, period, I don't care what you are trying to accomplish. If there is a millisecond of lag you did it wrong.

Naughty bear has a lot more than a millisecond of lag :/.

It is cute for the novelty though, I got it for 30 bucks so I'm not super hurt by it. But I won't be finishing it because of the score nonsense. It would have been a great hitman knock off.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
So it's man hunt, meet's dexter, meet's adorable teddy bears?

Sounds...Interesting...Still, not really my style.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
This one came out of nowhere and surprised me when I heard about it, now it will disappear into nowhere, making the circle complete. It's a shame, it had so much promise. Who wouldn't want to play Hitman crossed with Conker's Bad Fur Day?

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
RobfromtheGulag said:
These wondrous games who's target audience is no doubt the ~16 y.o. crowd are the ones that give gaming a bad name. I'm not saying they shouldn't exist, but I am saying they're shooting themselves in the foot. That 'no publicity is bad publicity' thing doesn't always work.
What are you trying to say about 16 year olds, Rob?

Also, this game looks rather boring to me. I wouldn't buy it even if it was just about the stalking, it just looks repetitive. Plus, a small teddy bear got his heart broken by not going to a party, boo-hoo.

Lame story, repetitive, and poor gameplay. No thanks.