Review: Ninja Gaiden II

Matthew Olcese

Jun 24, 2008
Review: Ninja Gaiden II

The Ninja Gaiden franchise comes to a close with Ninja Gaiden II for the Xbox 360, but does it go out with a bang or a whimper?

Read Full Article

Karisse

Apr 16, 2008
Good review.

I can't say I missed the hair-pulling frustration of older games, but I did miss jumping out of my seat, trash talking the television as I threw my controller onto the ground after finally beating a boss.

What? Was that just me?

On a slightly related note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluv2HxFEqs

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Would other people agree that this game is easier than the last game on the Xbox? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, still distracted by MGS4.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Eagle Est1986 said:
Would other people agree that this game is easier than the last game on the Xbox? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, still distracted by MGS4.
Ayuh. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/op-ed/4998-There-s-Easy-and-There-s-Team-Ninja-Easy]

eggdog14

Oct 17, 2007
"Ninja Gaiden Black" for the Xbox is one of the best games i've ever played, and certainly the best slashy game ever made. It's really, really hard, and that's the best part.

I was completely psyched for NG2, but apparently it's riddled with flaws, which is really disappointing. I with they'd port "Sigma" to the 360, a nice graphical update to the old one would be nice, should NG2 disappoint when i play it.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
eggdog14 said:
I was completely psyched for NG2, but apparently it's riddled with flaws, which is really disappointing.
It doesn't really have any flaws that the original didn't.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Karisse said:
I can't say I missed the hair-pulling frustration of older games, but I did miss jumping out of my seat, trash talking the television as I threw my controller onto the ground after finally beating a boss.

What? Was that just me?
No, that wasn't just you. Defeating some bosses was indeed a glorious feat.

BleachedBlind

May 19, 2008
I found this to actually be more difficult than the last because I felt they took away a part of what I loved about the last Ninja Gaiden. In the previous and all its recreations, it was a truly challenging game, but it could be overcome. Almost everything that enemies had to throw at you could be blocked, countered, or dodged depending on the attack. Ninja Gaiden II greatly increased the amount of unblockable attacks and grabs, which can be especially troublesome when the camera doesn't allow you to get any kind of functional view of the battle. I think they actually took it from "I should have done X here instead of Y" to "WTF? What am I supposed to do about that?"

Zippy1313

Mar 26, 2008
Another thing I noticed was that Ninja Gaiden Sigma actually looks better than Ninja Gaiden 2.
A game that is over a year old looks better than the sequel?
WTF?

Me Form Above

Jun 30, 2008
BleachedBlind said:
I found this to actually be more difficult than the last because I felt they took away a part of what I loved about the last Ninja Gaiden. In the previous and all its recreations, it was a truly challenging game, but it could be overcome. Almost everything that enemies had to throw at you could be blocked, countered, or dodged depending on the attack. Ninja Gaiden II greatly increased the amount of unblockable attacks and grabs, which can be especially troublesome when the camera doesn't allow you to get any kind of functional view of the battle. I think they actually took it from "I should have done X here instead of Y" to "WTF? What am I supposed to do about that?"
But The Don't have going up agenist Undead archers..... up a samll path and falling and go back up as they RESPAWN.....Good times

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Accurate review I can't ssay I disagree with anything that the reviewer said. I will say though that the trick to NG is learning how to work with the camera.