Review: Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled

Turtles in Time Re-Shelled is too archaic to be a good current-gen game, and too modern to play to nostalgia.

Read Full Article

Macar

Jun 16, 2009
but "raphiel is cool but rude!" how can you say donatello?

It's right in the song!

PS. Actualy, I was partial to Mike

teletran3

Sep 10, 2008
Hell yeah, Donatello. That's too bad they took out the original Shredder fight. That was pretty sweet the first time I figured out how to damage him.

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
i can't believe they took out that shredder fight, BLASPHEMY!

still, i do like how the music still sounds like a midi file haha

Jang

Mar 21, 2009
Donatello? Dude with the stick? He couldn't even pick a proper weapon??? Every one knows that raph is straight out of the school of badass.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Jang said:
Donatello? Dude with the stick? He couldn't even pick a proper weapon??? Every one knows that ralph is straight out of the school of badass.
He doesn't need a proper weapon to kick ass.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Hm. Doesn't sound like a Revolution in the works. Or even a firecracker.

Donatello? You're not fooling anyone, it was totally Michaelangelo. I mean, he had Nunchucks!

Woem

May 28, 2009
OK so they cut out some good parts of the game. But as far as I understand they didn't add anything in its place? Why would they do that, other than for making some quick money?

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Michelangelo all the way, he knew the true value of a good Pizza. Also, if they did ever bring back the X-Men arcade game, dibs on Nightcrawler.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Good review, and going on what I've seen from the game, pretty accurate. Does not make sense that they would cut the Technodrome, since it was where Shredder banished the turtles after they defeated his tank.

Also annoys me how they changed some of the bosses, aside from those left out altogether.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
DeadlyYellow said:
Good review, and going on what I've seen from the game, pretty accurate. Does not make sense that they would cut the Technodrome, since it was where Shredder banished the turtles after they defeated his tank.

Also annoys me how they changed some of the bosses, aside from those left out altogether.
Yeah, that made a whole lot more sense instead of Shredder just showing up at the end of the sewer level and going "OK rite banishing time now"

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Kross said:
Michelangelo all the way, he knew the true value of a good Pizza. Also, if they did ever bring back the X-Men arcade game, dibs on Nightcrawler.
Yes all the way with Michelangelo, I kicked so much ass with him as a kid at the arcade. And I too would kill to have the X-men arcade game brought back, just fix the engrinlish(sp) errors the first one had and it should be good to go.

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
To my knowledge they used the arcade version and not the SNES version, so those missing levels and what not were because of the version they ported.

Bear in a Tuxedo

Jul 3, 2009
The first person Shredder fight wasnt the last boss fight. And Technodrome wasnt cut, it just wasnt added. This is a remake of the arcade game, not the Snes game. So the remake is good, even though the endproduct sucks.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
They took out one of my favorite boss fights in the game? Good thing I still have the original cartridge...

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
I think we're all forgetting that all the turtles are cool, by proxy of Vanilla Ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

(Don is still the best though.)

bikeninja

Oct 4, 2007
Hellz yeah Don for the win!

Arcade or SNES port, I'm still disappointed they took out a level and some bosses. They even changed my favourite boss, Slash, into a pile of mud, literally. And the final boss fight was suddenly easier too. I wanted Super Shredder.
It was okay, a quick afternoon with some friends. But in the end I don't think I would play it too much. Even one of the achievements is beating it with all four turtles. I couldn't stand to play that game more then twice.

SirSchmoopy

Apr 15, 2008
Anybody whos anybody knows that donatello is the best pick in Turtles in Time. You just obviously didn't play the game enough if you think otherwise because yeah it isn't a contest.