Review: Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled

Jang

Mar 21, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Good review, and going on what I've seen from the game, pretty accurate. Does not make sense that they would cut the Technodrome, since it was where Shredder banished the turtles after they defeated his tank.

Also annoys me how they changed some of the bosses, aside from those left out altogether.
Yeah, that made a whole lot more sense instead of Shredder just showing up at the end of the sewer level and going "OK rite banishing time now"
Hmmm... Touché

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
They took out levels and that makes me sad also they voices being updated was a disappointment because I loved the old ones. ^^

Don was the best people say that its a lie but they know deep inside he was the best and that they are just lying to them self.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Me and my Brother always played as Dontello and Mikey. They were just seemed to match our perosnailties (Of course I was Donny...My brother was the hyperactive slacker.)

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Donatello was the coolest...in retrospect I should have really questioned as a kid, more why some teenage mutant ninja turtles with a love of pizza are named after artists of the renaissance...

DocGrimm

Apr 8, 2009
Bear in a Tuxedo said:
The first person Shredder fight wasnt the last boss fight. And Technodrome wasnt cut, it just wasnt added. This is a remake of the arcade game, not the Snes game. So the remake is good, even though the endproduct sucks.
I wouldn't say it sucks, but the product that was put out was just very lackluster. Also good looking out that this is a remake of the arcade version not the snes version, I would have thought that someone would have pointed that out earlier.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
woem said:
OK so they cut out some good parts of the game. But as far as I understand they didn't add anything in its place? Why would they do that, other than for making some quick money?
Its a remake of the Arcade version, not the SNES version (despite what John said). Therefore the levels that were added for the SNES weren't put in the remake. I don't know why they didn't remake the SNES version though...

EDIT-
Bear in a Tuxedo said:
The first person Shredder fight wasnt the last boss fight. And Technodrome wasnt cut, it just wasnt added. This is a remake of the arcade game, not the Snes game. So the remake is good, even though the endproduct sucks.
Ninja'd

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hahahaha. The review is more fun than the game.

I loved the "mash x to attack, then press y for a slightly stronger attack if you ever get bored of mashing x"

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
yeah was kind of disappointing and the hit detection was way off and enemies were able to get multiple hits when you were stunned (Cement Man and Leatherface, looking at you...btw...who the **** is Cement Man and where's Slash?)

as Raph would say:....DAAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Jang said:
Donatello? Dude with the stick? He couldn't even pick a proper weapon??? Every one knows that ralph is straight out of the school of badass.
He doesn't need a proper weapon to kick ass.
"I got a sword! Its sharp and awesome!"

"I got some pointy dagger things! They rock"

"I got some nunchuks, they're crazy!"

"I got a stick."

Although, the seemingly useless weapon that still kicked ass was the reason I picked him every time. That and the incredible reach his attacks had.

Woem

May 28, 2009
SuperMse said:
woem said:
OK so they cut out some good parts of the game. But as far as I understand they didn't add anything in its place? Why would they do that, other than for making some quick money?
Its a remake of the Arcade version, not the SNES version (despite what John said). Therefore the levels that were added for the SNES weren't put in the remake. I don't know why they didn't remake the SNES version though...

EDIT-
Bear in a Tuxedo said:
Ninja'd
Ah great, thanks for correcting that. And according to wikipedia it's also coming to PSN in November.

Reikasuya

Aug 10, 2009
SuperMse said:
woem said:

EDIT-
Bear in a Tuxedo said:
Ninja'd
I'm so glad someone caught that at least, that the game is a remake of the original arcade version, not a remake of the SNES version. I still wish they would of added the levels from the SNES version and the bosses along with their rearrangements. It would have made a longer game and it would've been more worth it to get. I would've blown through it is a bit more time though either way.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
I think we're all forgetting that all the turtles are cool, by proxy of Vanilla Ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

(Don is still the best though.)
Ahh vanilla ice, so surprising he was never a huge hit.

OT; When I first saw the shredder point of view fight it actually took me a few moments to adjust to what i was seeing, so it's a shame to see this game will be without it.

Oh and it was all about Leonardo, the dude had two swords. (and not the slightly less awesome two sai blades)

Garyuu v3.1

Aug 12, 2009
I think it is hard for developers to make a remake of a classic. People will either complain that it feels really old, or that it is too different from the original. The controls for example. He complained about the simple controls. Well the controls WERE simple originally. If I remember correctly, when I was playing the snes version you only had a single button for attack. Now there is two. It is weird that they did a remake of the arcade version? I don't see why they didn't try doing the snes version, but with four players (two players is still the best though). On any remake, people will compare it to the original, base it's quality over that. I think more people need to base it's quality for what it is, not what it's source is. Now, it isn't an amazing game, but I thought it still was fun.

BTW Donatello is the best.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I'm looking at that video supplement, and I'm not really seeing much of what I liked about the original game in there. The different jump moves, the sliding if you dashed and pressed jump... It looks a lot more standard than it originally was. Yes, there's an extra button to attack, but you had more than 2 attacks in the original.

The Turtles themselves seem to be based of the more modern version of them, which is already something I hold against them.

SirSchmoopy said:
Anybody whos anybody knows that donatello is the best pick in Turtles in Time. You just obviously didn't play the game enough if you think otherwise because yeah it isn't a contest.
Well said, Donatello had the best range of all characters in pretty much all of the Turtle games.

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
dalek sec said:
Kross said:
Michelangelo all the way, he knew the true value of a good Pizza. Also, if they did ever bring back the X-Men arcade game, dibs on Nightcrawler.
Yes all the way with Michelangelo, I kicked so much ass with him as a kid at the arcade. And I too would kill to have the X-men arcade game brought back, just fix the engrinlish(sp) errors the first one had and it should be good to go.
WELCOME TO DIE