Review: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Sheaphard117 said:
Strawberry short cake? When did she get involved with bloody assassinations?
Every since her show was cancelled

She has over 2000 sucessful kills

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I can't believe the first thing I thought when the review ended was:

[HEADING=2]Oh my God, his cat got fat?!?![/HEADING]

Seriously though, nothing will prevent me from buying this game once I get a steady paycheck.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Caliostro said:
I'm severely disappointed by the addition of a meaningless and utterly arbitrary "score" to the review...
Yeah, and I thought The Escapist reviled the number system.

Anyway, I wonder how insane Suda51 really is if he manages to keep this up.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Yeah, it looks all right, and most of the game is well done. HOWEVER, the final boss is one of the biggest pains in the ass, seeing as
1)he'll cornerf*** you if he ever gets the chance
2) his last 25% health is a real "Spam über lazers" thing
3) if he's down to 1 or 2 dots of life, he'll try to stage the fight near the windows just to kick you out
4) Cheapest. Superhero. knock-off. Ever (I'm letting you find out which)
Also, the ending cinematic is just dissapointing
(they're not really spoilers. They're just advices if you get there on "Mild/Normal")

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
The first one was a real immersive experience into psychosis (some day I'll write about it, if I get the time), and the review makes me think the second one is, too.
Eager to play it...

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Sir Kemper said:
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

Seriously, i think that line just sealed the deal for me getting this game.
I believe the majority of his delicacy-related shoutings are fitted to his personality as a walking statement of pop culture.
Correct by Mr_Fister.

But then again, I also think NMH is the wittiest look at society since Killer7.
[sub]And if you really want to watch Suda mock the hentai/lolicon market, beat the first level of Bizzare Jelly and watch the video. Absolutely hilarious.[/sub]

soultwister

Nov 26, 2009
a game that has a smiling, bouncing red dildo to indicate your power is atleast trying, i don't know what it's trying, but points for the effort non the less

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Hazy said:
Sir Kemper said:
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

I believe the majority of his delicacy-related shoutings are fitted to his personality as a walking statement of pop culture.

[sub]And if you really want to watch Suda mock the hentai/lolicon market, beat the first level of Bizzare Jelly and watch the video. Absolutely hilarious.[/sub]
Actually, he's not shouting out his favorite desserts. What he's yelling out is the name of the signature attacks the characters from Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly use. For instance, Strawberry's signature attack is "Strawberry on the shortcake".

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Mr. Fister said:
Hazy said:
Sir Kemper said:
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

Actually, he's not shouting out his favorite desserts. What he's yelling out is the name of the signature attacks the characters from Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly use. For instance, Strawberry's signature attack is "Strawberry on the shortcake".
Good find - I did not know that.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Sir Kemper said:
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

My thoughts exactly.

Transforming into a Tiger is pretty much the spirit of No More Heroes - Why do you want an explanation? You're a fucking tiger!

Stabby McRunfast

Oct 23, 2009
I'd have to agree with some of the others that this review wasn't as well done as I would have liked. There were spelling and grammatical mistakes made in the written portion as well as a lack of knowledge about the game in general: not knowing that by helping Jeane lose weight you unlock one of the game's most powerful moves. The story of the game wasn't really addressed either. The game isn't just about getting to rank #1 again; there is a purpose behind Travis' actions. I would have appeciated the review being longer than it was as well. This one could definately have been fleshed out more.

hassang

Jun 18, 2009
Sort of disappointed by this review...There were a lot of issues that weren't addressed, but that happens from time to time...
Though I'd like to mention that the overworld map is great, you never have to pay for ranking missions(but the sidejobs are also awesome!).Apparently, the scorpion minigame from the first is back, and it's the only one in 3D.The reason?Suda got so many complaints about it he kept it on purpose!
Shinobu's gameplay was sort of annoying, but her second boss is perhaps the funniest cutscene and music and kill in the game!(remember Destroyman?).And they didn't mention that one boss you got to fight as Henry!Even if it was only one boss, Henry controls infinitely better than Travis, as well as being the coolest Irish guy in gaming(at least for me)!
Also, unlockable Boss Select mode from the main menu.Fighting any boss whenever I want? Awesome!

PS:Is Yahtzee reviewing this too?That is, if the game ever comes out in Australia...

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Ok, that is by far the strangest game I have seen come out for the Wii but the idea of playin all this old school games as side quests is a pretty good hook

-M

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Travis is modeled after Johnny Knoxville, of course he is going to be a jackass!