Review: Persona 4

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Speaking of this...

Has anyone else in Canada had trouble getting ahold of this? I have. So far it hasn't come in to any stores, it's "on order" but it hasn't arrived. Usually it doesn't take this long.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I'm aware of that, I did play Persona 3. I did notice that the soundtrack to this game was much shorter than that of the previous title, but I didn't think much about it until reading this review. I can see it getting a little irritating.
I'm not that far in yet, but I like the music a lot more in P4 and am finding it less aggravating. Overall it seems more poppy and less pseudo-jazzy.

OverlordSteve

Jul 8, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
*sigh* and I won't get a chance to play it until friday evening...

Stupid Canadian release date delays.
Be lucky you can play at all. It's only on PS3, isn't it?

unangbangkay

Oct 10, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
2. The music isn't bad, it's just omnipresent. You WILL get it stuck in your head. The same song plays every time you get in a fight, and you'll get in hundreds and hundreds of fights. The other songs are less obtrusive, but that one...yeah, there's just no escaping it.
Yes, the music. I liked it well enough to tolerate more than 100 hours of Persona 3 FES, but it drove my sister nearly to siblicide.

"Please, for God's sake just play Grand Theft Auto 4 already, ANYTHING. I'll pay you!"

OverlordSteve said:
Onmi said:
No it's on PS2
Son of a- sold mine last year. *Growls*
Don't new 80gb PS3s come with software-based backwards compatibility? The PS website has a compatibility list for 80gb (60gbs have near-perfect hardware BC, heh) models, and Persona 3 FES is on that list. From that I assume that Persona 4 would also fit.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
By the way, does anyone else think "M Rated Pokemon" is a pretty good description of the Persona system?

Russian Redneck

Apr 21, 2008
This game seems like a definite 'do want' in my book but thanks to advent of what is known as college and the misery it caused me, my psyche has been battered and reformed in ways that I can't even begin to comprehend. In essence, I've become skeptical about EVERYTHING, even Persona 4. *cry*

Still, I'll buy if only to play it later when I'm not acting like such a mope.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
By the way, does anyone else think "M Rated Pokemon" is a pretty good description of the Persona system?
M Rated Pokemon with an awesome plot describes Nocturne for sure.

Definitely doesn't describe DDS though

I think M-Rated Earthbound with Superheroesque Summon Spells describes Persona better.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
unangbangkay said:
Don't new 80gb PS3s come with software-based backwards compatibility? The PS website has a compatibility list for 80gb (60gbs have near-perfect hardware BC, heh) models, and Persona 3 FES is on that list. From that I assume that Persona 4 would also fit.
Sadly, no, the newest models have no BC. *hugs her 60gb PS3. Oh, my little PS3, I love you so...

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
unangbangkay said:
Sadly, no, the newest models have no BC. *hugs her 60gb PS3. Oh, my little PS3, I love you so...
I didn't think any of the PS3's could be counted as little...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
PedroSteckecilo said:
Susan Arendt said:
unangbangkay said:
I didn't think any of the PS3's could be counted as little...
It's a honkin' behemoth, to be honest - far heavier than the brand new 80 gb we just bought for the office - but I loveses it.