Review: Plants vs Zombies XBLA

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Plants vs Zombies XBLA

Unlike your lawn, you actually do want zombies on your Xbox 360.

Read Full Article

Jul 22, 2009
I played the trail and it was really addictive. I may get this when I next get MSP.

But first... Hydrophobia!

You guys should do a review of that as well.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
*throws money at Popcap*

If this comes out on any platform I own, I'll buy it every time.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Excellent version for anyone who dosnt already own it! If you do not own PvZ, use this as an excuse!

As for me...Got it on Steam and iPhone so im good!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
You always get the most fun games to review.

I'm liking the updated graphic's in the menu screen and the V's mode would be a lot of fun!

-M

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Wolcik said:
It looks spimler without clicking XD
It definitely feels easier. I don't know if sun actually fell more frequently and quickly than it did in the PC game, but that's how it felt. Maybe that's just because it was easier to collect. Your cursor is also slightly magnetic, so you really just need to get close to sun to grab it, as opposed to right on top of it.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I don't like the price. I can buy this for $1.99 on my iPod, but $15 on XBL? I like the game and all, but man, it seems a bit steep just for co-op.

I know, I'm stingy, but it's hard to go from $1.99 to $15.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Don't quit your day job Susan.

If I didn't already have this for my PC and even a simple yet neat looking co-op and VS would sway me over to buy it. Oh and I have to ask, with this did they replace that zombie that looked like Michael Jackson? (yet in no way resembled him, at all >.>).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
meganmeave said:
I don't like the price. I can buy this for $1.99 on my iPod, but $15 on XBL? I like the game and all, but man, it seems a bit steep just for co-op.

I know, I'm stingy, but it's hard to go from $1.99 to $15.
That's perfectly reasonable, really. If you've already played the game elsewhere, there's not a whole lot of reason to get it yet again. There is the promise of DLC down the line, and the Versus really is loads of fun, but you can get the bulk of the game cheaper on other platforms, and as fun as the extras are, the core game is amazing all by itself.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Yay Susan singing! That was really cute... Mainly cause I was doing it too...

I have PvZ on Steam, so I have had a hard time pulling the trigger to basically buy it again on XBL. Granted the Co-Op and Vs modes might be fun with the GF.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I rarely say this, but I think I wait for this on the Wii. If the Wii version is handled as well as World of Goo, it would be the version to get.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
your singing is adorable!
i might get this. i never got the original, because im not big on PC gaming and giving my credit/debit card info to someone, but ill be fine buying points. its always looked fun, but dont the controls feel a bit sticky now?

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Seen it for the first time played today on the PC and i was like hmm i may get it. Now im sure im gunna get it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Cheezy One said:
your singing is adorable!
i might get this. i never got the original, because im not big on PC gaming and giving my credit/debit card info to someone, but ill be fine buying points. its always looked fun, but dont the controls feel a bit sticky now?
Nah, the controls are no trouble at all. The only real issue is if you're super-used to the PC version, then there's a bit of mental disconnect at first. If you don't already have a copy of the game, do yourself a favor and download this immediately. You'll be glad you did, I promise.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Not G. Ivingname said:
Susan Arendt said:
Would you say that this is the over all "best" versian of the game?
Ooo, wow, good question. Hmmmm...for someone brand new to the game, yes, I think it probably is, because it offers everything the original version does and more, without losing anything (except the Michael Jackson zombie, of course). But for my own personal feelings, I don't think I can be entirely objective. I've played it so much on the PC that it feels just a little weird on XBLA, simply because I'm so used to the other version.