Review: Plants vs Zombies XBLA

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
The Cheezy One said:
your singing is adorable!
i might get this. i never got the original, because im not big on PC gaming and giving my credit/debit card info to someone, but ill be fine buying points. its always looked fun, but dont the controls feel a bit sticky now?
Nah, the controls are no trouble at all. The only real issue is if you're super-used to the PC version, then there's a bit of mental disconnect at first. If you don't already have a copy of the game, do yourself a favor and download this immediately. You'll be glad you did, I promise.
thats good. I always find that trying to play a tactical game on a console loses it slightly (C&C, Red alert, Halo wars), but if it works, then i reckon ill go for it! thanks for the info!

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Can't imagine playing this game without a mouse or without touching. Plus, I sold my 360. Though, I hope co-op comes to PC/Iphone.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
duchaked said:
lol don't sing with a cold
I know, the whole review souds dike dis! I had to laugh when I heard the recording.
=)) hehe

this game was so addicting when I first got it (the controls were very well done)
man...my Zen Garden needs tending (and I gotta survive 40 waves!! for the Achievement)

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Darnit I want to get this but i'm trying to restrict myself to a game a month and I seeing how I got Reach i'm probably not getting it this month. And then there's minecraft, another game I want! Damn internal struggle. Anyway good review Susan. One last thing, will versus be added onto the other consoles aswell like PC?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Protocol95 said:
Darnit I want to get this but i'm trying to restrict myself to a game a month and I seeing how I got Reach i'm probably not getting it this month. And then there's minecraft, another game I want! Damn internal struggle. Anyway good review Susan. One last thing, will versus be added onto the other consoles aswell like PC?
Good question. One never knows with PopCap. They're still a fairly small company, so there's what they want to do, and what they have the resources to do. I'm guessing that the port to the DS comes first, and then figure out what to do next.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Vs mode isn't included in the trial right? Makes it rather hard to test for new features, although control wise I prefer the 360 version to iOS and PC versions.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
good review. I especially enjoyed the singing.

I suspect the xbla version has many of the same changes that were implimented in the game of the year edition on the pc and as such they are missing out on the epic-ness that was the original dancing zombie. Never Forget!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
SomebodyNowhere said:
good review. I especially enjoyed the singing.

I suspect the xbla version has many of the same changes that were implimented in the game of the year edition on the pc and as such they are missing out on the epic-ness that was the original dancing zombie. Never Forget!
The disco zombie is quite adorable, but he is, I'm sad to say, vastly inferior to the MJ zombie.

Mausenheimmer

Feb 11, 2008
I would get it, except I've already bought this game three times. Once for my pc, once for my friend, and once for the iPod.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I would've just played the trial, but it was incredibly short and they'd hooked me over the three levels. Thanks for recommending it. Now I have something to play when I get fatigued with mainstream games.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No offence Susan, but don't audition for American Idol.

...although I would laugh if somebody sung that song on American Idol.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
I thought you had a nice singing voice Susan. :) Anyway I've actually only had the chance to play the PvZ demo and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm torn right now between buying it off of Steam and getting the Xbox 360 version. Then again I've seen the collectors edition at Wal-mart, and only wish I could then have the game run off steam, with the achievements. x3

Cuddlydemon

Sep 21, 2009
I'll say this much: The game itself is HARDER now, once you get into the minigames and survival endless. However, zen garden plants sure do drop a lot more often, so that kind of helps to balance it a little.

...19 flags... only 19 flags... *sob*