Review: Plants vs. Zombies

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Plants vs. Zombies

Plants vs. Zombies is one of those games you'll be happy to let live on your computer forever and ever.

Read Full Article

Snor

Mar 17, 2009
nooo not that song again!! :D

actually sounds like a fun game too

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
Looks a good wee game, but for £15 I can get a few pre-owned DS games instead. Does not look fun enough to be worth the investment sadly, despite the interestingness of it all

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
I spent about 10 minutes with this game getting it set up for the video capture and I was sold. That was even before finding out about the wealth of extras. The game is simply to fun and charming to pass up.

Feb 13, 2008
What have they got lined up for the sequel? Cats versus Vampires?

>>
<<

I'll be back soon. "Hello, Popcap? I may have an idea for you..."

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
holy crap. plants vs zombies? plus a theme song that i can actually sing!? hec YES! next up should be "furniture vs aliens"!
"There are zombies on your lawn.." dun dun dun

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
chimmers said:
Looks a good wee game, but for £15 I can get a few pre-owned DS games instead. Does not look fun enough to be worth the investment sadly, despite the interestingness of it all
Oh, it is.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
chimmers said:
Get it on Steam - tis cheaper!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
WhiteTigerShiro said:
If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/
Trust me, it's totally worth it. I totally understand where you're coming from, but it really, truly, genuinely is worth it. It's just a joy to play.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
The steam version was 10&#8364; (and you get Heavy Weapon Deluxe as a preorder bonus, still three hours until the game comes out on Steam), is that stripped down or something? I hope I didn't end up with a gutted version.

WhiteTigerShiro said:
The multiple lanes and resource system do seem to differ from what TD games usually do...

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:

>>
<<

Just make sure you don't sign anything without carefully reading it first and having an eldritch language trained lawyer check it too.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
If anyone's wondering about the value, Popcap's games, in my experience, don't need the disk to play once you've installed them, so you can share the fun with other people. I have a friend's computer right by mine, and we constantly compete at Peggle, and this will probably be next.

May 17, 2007
Gosh darn it Susan, you just cost me $30! (In kangaroo currency.)

Curse your persuasive words and my easily-bedazzled puzzle-loving brain.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
DAMN YOU SUSAN, I AM BROKE AGAIN!

Also, shit, there's a zombie on my law, no, this is not the annoying song.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:

>>
<<

Cats vs. Vampires? Damn, I was hoping for Footstools vs. Werewolves.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Thanks a ton, Susan. That song brought a smile on an otherwise extremely depressing day. :)

A shame I'm still without a job and thus without moneys to spare for games...