Review: Plants vs. Zombies

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I guess they could cross tower defense with Porrasturvat and create "Sleepwalkers vs Furniture"

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
xmetatr0nx said:
Susan Arendt said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/
Trust me, it's totally worth it. I totally understand where you're coming from, but it really, truly, genuinely is worth it. It's just a joy to play.
ok i think i might get this game, but on a different note Ms. Arendt im going to pay you to record your voice on to a very long CD that i may fall asleep to. Your like Mr. Rogers with that calming review voice, sitting here at the office i wanted to fall asleep throughout this vid.
Um...I can't tell, is that a compliment? It sounds like one, but at the same time, being told I put people to sleep doesn't sound too good...

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
My god this game is epic!

Within 5 minutes of the demo and looking at the vid i had mine ordered on Steam.

O hello buckethead zombie, KA BOOM SUCKA!!!!

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
What have they got lined up for the sequel? Cats versus Vampires?
i would buy this. Kittens reflect ultraviolet love rays and burn the pires.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I've been trying to decide just what to get my mom for Mother's Day and after reading (listening to) this review, my choice is now clear.

Hope she's ready to soil her plants!

carpenteria

Master Draftsman
Mar 27, 2008
I preorderd this on steam last week. I'm thoroughly pleased to hear my gamble paid off, lotsa fun :D

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008

>>
<<

I'll be back soon. "Hello, Popcap? I may have an idea for you..."
"Ahh, thank you Mister Root. Please sign here, and here. And here. And initial there. And sign to say you initialled there. And initial to indicate you initialled. And sign here, and here. Credit card number here. First-born child's name here. Oh, you need blood for that one, here, let me get you a knife. Right, that's the gag order preventing you from telling anyone else or selling your- I mean, OUR idea. Now, where did I put the rest of the paperwork?"

Susan Arendt said:
xmetatr0nx said:
Susan Arendt said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/
Trust me, it's totally worth it. I totally understand where you're coming from, but it really, truly, genuinely is worth it. It's just a joy to play.
ok i think i might get this game, but on a different note Ms. Arendt im going to pay you to record your voice on to a very long CD that i may fall asleep to. Your like Mr. Rogers with that calming review voice, sitting here at the office i wanted to fall asleep throughout this vid.
Um...I can't tell, is that a compliment? It sounds like one, but at the same time, being told I put people to sleep doesn't sound too good...
Yes, I believe that's supposed to be a compliment. You do have a very nice voice, Susan. I think you could actually promote Superman 64 as a good game if you used it. ;)

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
really fun game, and bout the only game on steam thats apparently cheapest in EU instead of the us, which of cause means i would have bought it no matter how good it was just to rub it in the face of the US citizens, if they would ever take their face away from the cheese burgers that is

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Nerdfury said:
Yes, I believe that's supposed to be a compliment. You do have a very nice voice, Susan. I think you could actually promote Superman 64 as a good game if you used it. ;)
No, no, no...one must use ones power for good, not evil.

As for a console/handheld version, yes, one will likely come along, but don't hold your breath waiting. PopCap is a very small company, and these things take time. Peggle only just came out on the DS, remember.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh lord, I played the trial, and it ended. Then I bought the game. Half-Price on steam so naturally I went there.

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008

>>
<<

I'll be back soon. "Hello, Popcap? I may have an idea for you..."
Ultimate tower = Laser Cat