Review: Plants vs. Zombies

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
neuromasser said:
I like how Susan explains concepts , it sounds so simple and... I don't know... carefree?
Her voice reminds me of few relaxation/meditaion tapes, but I can't really put my finger on it.... I got it !! It's hypnosis! Curse you Susan! :p
Buyyyyyyy the gaaaaaaaame.... ;)
Agh... ngh.. must.. resist!

I'd be getting worried, Susan - people here are starting to get obsessed with you!

Oh, and totally got PvZ. Almost missed my bus because of it!

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
xmetatr0nx said:
Susan Arendt said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
If there's anyone who could make Plants vs Zombies look interesting, it's the Escapist Sweetheart: Susan Arendt. Even still though, I just don't know if I can justify paying $10 for a game I've been playing for free on various Flash Game Archives for years now. :/
Trust me, it's totally worth it. I totally understand where you're coming from, but it really, truly, genuinely is worth it. It's just a joy to play.
ok i think i might get this game, but on a different note Ms. Arendt im going to pay you to record your voice on to a very long CD that i may fall asleep to. Your like Mr. Rogers with that calming review voice, sitting here at the office i wanted to fall asleep throughout this vid.
Um...I can't tell, is that a compliment? It sounds like one, but at the same time, being told I put people to sleep doesn't sound too good...
You should totally do audiobooks, Susan, I would buy them!

And I will buy this Plants Vs. Zombies game as soon as I figure out HOW to.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
I just want to DL the song. As I dont have the 20 dollars currently to go out and buy the crap out of this game! Susan, your voice could sell anything, it lulls one into a sense of security that makes purchases seem even better ideas than they are on their own.

Really though, Plants versus Zombies? Genius!

And after that. (already said) Cats versus Vampires!

And maybe after that... Puppies versus werewolves!? oh the insanity...

..."we don't want zombies on our lawn.... lala la la...."

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Susan gets to review all the cool shit once again. She must get first pick of the games, she always gets the neat stuff, while poor old Yahtzee is stuck with rubbish like H.A.W.K. and Halo Wars...

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I finally gave in and bought this and have easily succumbed to the addictiveness of it.

My favorite thing to do is just experiment with different plant combinations, even if it means losing horribly. Why? Because I'm CRAAAAAAZZYY!!

Sorry, somebody had to do it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
BonsaiK said:
Susan gets to review all the cool shit once again. She must get first pick of the games, she always gets the neat stuff, while poor old Yahtzee is stuck with rubbish like H.A.W.K. and Halo Wars...
I very much doubt Yahtzee would've touched PvZ with a ten-foot pole.

Oh, and to download the song, just go here [http://www.popcap.com/extras/pvz/?default=downloads&icid=pvz_downloads_pc_promo_top_2_05_06_09_EN].

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Ok, that theme song is definitely approaching (though not quite equalling) Portal's Still Alive in terms of sheer awesomeness.

Must... resist... buying... game....... aargh!

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
"I used to hate this game because I'm a hardcore gamer and it appeals to a casual market."
"Used to?"
"Yes, now I hate this game because of carpel tunnels brought on by playing far too much of it."

Not a bad game at all. Bought it yesterday, got my gold statue today. It's fairly easy, especially if you're building two columns of sunflowers. Even after the game is fully beat, there's the endless modes, it would be quite awhile until I've unlocked everything the store, and the zen gardens would probably take months to fill too.

I'd like to stump the survival mode, but no luck yet. Eventually my magnets get gummed up too effectively to thwart digger zombies, the neverending procession of zombonis take out my spikes (even metal) faster than I can lay them. This is to say nothing for the gargantaurs who both add to my spikes wear and tear and subvert my defense with their imp-throwing ways. The balloon zombies feel like an extra wheel - there's just not enough room to plant something to handle them, I'll typically just deal with them with a blover. Oh well, 17 flags isn't bad.

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
WillSimplyBe said:
I just want to DL the song. As I dont have the 20 dollars currently to go out and buy the crap out of this game! Susan, your voice could sell anything, it lulls one into a sense of security that makes purchases seem even better ideas than they are on their own.

Really though, Plants versus Zombies? Genius!

And after that. (already said) Cats versus Vampires!

And maybe after that... Puppies versus werewolves!? oh the insanity...

..."we don't want zombies on our lawn.... lala la la...."
The game is only $10 on steam.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
BonsaiK said:
I very much doubt Yahtzee would've touched PvZ with a ten-foot pole.
It's official. Yahtzee has crap taste in games.

morpher80

Nov 11, 2007
This game is fantastic. I got it the other day and haven't stopped playing it since. Thanks for telling me about it Susan!

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Ever since that achievements update I lost all my progress in the game.

However, I don't care. Playing the game again from the start has led to me discovering new strategies that I normally wouldn't consider.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Internet Kraken said:

However, I don't care. Playing the game again from the start has led to me discovering new strategies that I normally wouldn't consider.
Huh, what? I didin't get any achievements update. What are you talking about?

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Internet Kraken said:

Huh, what? I didin't get any achievements update. What are you talking about?
I got one over Steam. It added some achievements to the game.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
well the game is awesome and playing the minigames to get new plants for the sen garden could be very addictive this is a damn nice game

but the boss fight... well its kind off a zombie on a big robot...