Review: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

HeartGold and SoulSilver are the definitive Pokémon versions whether you're a longtime fan or a newcomer to the series.

Read Full Article

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Sinse I consider Gold & Silver the best in the series, I like that it's been re-released. I doubt I'm going to buy it, however.

shirin238

Aug 19, 2008
hmmz, i;m totally getting this :D now I only pray the sales person won't laugh at me, or maybe I can convince a kid to buy it for me, I'll have to figure something out in the store...

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, damn that Youngster Joey. When is he going to challenge me to a rematch? I don't care that you think your rattata is special. I stomped its butt and I'd do it again.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I will convince my brother to buy it for his DS so I can play it after he beats it haha. Damn I'm so cheap...

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
shirin238 said:
hmmz, i;m totally getting this :D now I only pray the sales person won't laugh at me, or maybe I can convince a kid to buy it for me, I'll have to figure something out in the store...
Its pokemon, i doubt he would laugh at you. Im in college and im picking up my copy this weekend.

Nov 7, 2009
I was always going to buy this, but now I definitely have to. Have to get a new DS first though. >_<
Oh well, anything for my beloved Pokemon, especially since it's a remake of my 2nd favorite game ever.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I got both copies because, fuck it, I knew I was going to get them both eventually. Although I haven't opened them yet, Shin Megami Tensei is far too addicting.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Time to borrow my friends DS again, it seems. Good to know that they're worth playing, though it has been quite some time since I picked up a Pokemon game.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
shirin238 said:
Be proud, they're great games. Just because they've always been targeted to younger players doesn't mean they're not worth playing.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Just one question.. does this version of the game have Mankey in it? For some reason I've always loved Mankey. Heh

Hazz_11

May 10, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Sinse I consider Gold & Silver the best in the series, I like that it's been re-released. I doubt I'm going to buy it, however.
i agree i think they were one of the best sequel in a game series and i will be buying them to try and recapture some of my youth =D

zenoaugustus

Feb 5, 2009
I'm really impressed / embarrassed that I recall who Youngster Joey is, and the Pokemon he uses. Hahaha

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
*sigh* I really want to like the Pokemon games, but having played several of the SMT titles (SMT 3: Nocturne specifically) before ever touching a pokemon game, I just cannot take the battle system. It's just too slow and too boring, and this is coming from someone who LIKES turn based systems.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Jonci said:
Yeah, damn that Youngster Joey. When is he going to challenge me to a rematch? I don't care that you think your rattata is special. I stomped its butt and I'd do it again.
He's rebattled me three times. I got three HP Ups. Mmm....HP Up...

OT: Pretty much exactly my sentiments. Gold/Silver had been the best in the series, but with the advent of Gen. IV mechanics and graphics, HeartGold/SoulSilver have definitely claimed their rightful spot. Hopefully they can keep it for another eight years.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I pre-oprdered SoulSilver and have played about 17 hours worth of it, it's awesome.

Youngster Joey keeps calling me about his goddamn Rattatta, like it's in the top percentage of Rattatta or something.

I like that certain trainers will give you evolution stones via phone call (a la Pokemon Crystal) because otherwise they're tough to get.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
I have it right here, right now. Pokemon HeartGold baby. And my lil ho-oh figure.

Go. Buy. Now

Jaker the Baker

Guild Warrior
Nov 9, 2009
Fuck YES!! Joey needs to DIE!!! "My Rattata is like, the best Rattata, like he's in the top percentage of Rattata's. You know what I am saying?" Next call: "I tried to catch a Caterpie today, but I failed". Where's your top tier Rattata now, dumbass!?

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
I wasted so much time on Pokémon: Gold when I was a child. Good memories. Now, if only I had a Nintendo DS.