Review: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
UK release date tommorow. Cant wait, 2nd gen was easily my favourite generation for both pokemon(i like the 2nd gen monsters more than the original 151)and games. This will be the ultimate pokemon game,and the ultimate indulgance of my nostalgia.

Travis Austin

Jan 13, 2010
I'm going to get Heartgold eventually. I'm gonna get my mom to buy it for me 'cause God knows I'm not gonna be seen buying it.
btw, Crystal was the best in the series.

Apr 28, 2008
I love these games.

I hope they remake Crystal, since I loved it so much, but if not thats fine to, since SoulSilver will keep me occupied for a long time.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I am still on the fence about it all. Looks and sounds good. I think I will end up buying it but might wait a little while.

Still. Awesome to see one of my favs get a re-release (Somewhat)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Sinse I consider Gold & Silver the best in the series, I like that it's been re-released. I doubt I'm going to buy it, however.
I agree, those had me entertained more than any of the older or newer games. I did already buy it because I've been waiting for this since Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Good review and I have to agree that the most annoying part about Gold and Silver is the phone that forces you to listen to all the news about boring new things that happened to them. I can't wait to play the game though.

Baron Khaine

Jun 24, 2009
I get paid tommorow and first thing i'm doing is Ordering a DS and then buying HeartGold.

Gold/Silver were easily the best in the Poke series. Like Funk mentioned, it was pretty much 2 games in one, oh you've beat the final boss? THINK AGAIN.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
These games kick ass, and I don't say that very often. They took the best generation of Pokemon games, added all the tweaks, upgrades, and features from the latest generation, and put in a nifty new device. Seriously, this is probably gonna be my personal handheld game of the year.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Games getter better every time. This is no different.
...Wha?

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
I just can't wait for LiverSpiritEmerald. That one is going to be so much fun.

Actually, I haven't played these yet, although my friend has and he says they are really good.

Flamestorm06

Mar 23, 2010
pantsoffdanceoff said:
I got both copies because, fuck it, I knew I was going to get them both eventually. Although I haven't opened them yet, Shin Megami Tensei is far too addicting.
... crap, I forgot to go pick up my copy yesterday. Thanks for the reminder!

On another note I love the fact they re-released GS, especially since they added the crystal storyline subplot to it

Rathy

Aug 21, 2008
Jaker the Baker said:
Fuck YES!! Joey needs to DIE!!! "My Rattata is like, the best Rattata, like he's in the top percentage of Rattata's. You know what I am saying?" Next call: "I tried to catch a Caterpie today, but I failed". Where's your top tier Rattata now, dumbass!?
Ever consider his Rattata is so awesome he keeps accidently one shotting the caterpies?

And I feel the review was spot on. Its such nice nostalgia in an updated package. Though part of me certainly misses the bug abuse of the original Gold. Overall money well spent though.

And really, I would love less phone calls.

And is it me, or are eggs far more common? I haven't done any breeding in games really since Gold, and I don't recall 10 eggs an hour back then...

Generator

May 8, 2009
I didn't really need the review, as I pretty much already knew that I'd want it for sheer nostalgia alone. However, it is nice to hear that they also threw in some new extras and polished it. When I finally do get a DS, this will definitely be part of the first batch of games I pick up.

Denmarkian

Feb 1, 2008
I've had SoulSilver for about a week now, it's been wonderful.

I was on the fence because I just got Pokemon Platinum last month, but what the hell. I want to be able to get all the limited-time bonus stuff I can for this, so I'm ready and waiting for the the Yellow Forest next Wednesday!

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
I plan on buying these. Both of them. I don't care if the sales guy stares at me. I'm gonna' get 'em and I'm gonna' catch 'em.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
shirin238 said:
hmmz, i;m totally getting this :D now I only pray the sales person won't laugh at me, or maybe I can convince a kid to buy it for me, I'll have to figure something out in the store...
If someone laughed at you for buying an actual Pokemon game, I'd have to say they aren't a real gamer.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
they need to re-release yellow ^_^ i would love to see a more 3D Pikachu ^_^

the name could be Thunder Yellow?..Lightning Yellow?

help me out here lol

ethan22122

Dec 18, 2009
are the remakes adding the new pokemon, or are they only using the pokemon from the original games?

Dec 14, 2009
arc1991 said:
they need to re-release yellow ^_^ i would love to see a more 3D Pikachu ^_^

the name could be Thunder Yellow?..Lightning Yellow?

help me out here lol
There would be no point. All the features of yellow are in HG and SS, except for a few pokemon, and of course, Pikachu being your starter. You can get any of the pokemon to follow you around, so it's essentially the same thing.