Review: Prince of Persia

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Donkey != Pony. Actually, instead of a new donkey, might I suggest a M.U.L.E.
stompythebeast said:
I have a crush on you, Susan Arendt. There, I said it.
There's a line, and it starts at the pony.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Shellsh0cker said:
Nolan North. He did voice Desmond, but not Altaïr. What I found so confusing was that every other character in that game had authentic Middle-Eastern accents. I explained it to myself as some Animus glitch.
It's not a glitch. It's actually happening in the mind of an American, using the American's body image to navigate his DNA, It's not a time machine, it's a "genetic tour". So, it makes perfect sense that the main character would not have a Middle Eastern accent.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
The whole "clean up corrupted areas for the tree of life aspect" really reminds me of Okami for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it though...

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Let's just hope, for the sake of originality and keeping the series running smoothly that this prince doesn't turn emo.
Although not even Ubisoft are that repetitive. They'll probably just making GOTHTASTIC!!!
I've got nothing against goths, just against Ubisoft turning the character into a (Which I remind you was the case with Warrior Within, I'm not implying Goths are s.)

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Logie--bear said:
The whole "clean up corrupted areas for the tree of life aspect" really reminds me of Okami for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it though...
Actually, it reminds me of Twilight Princess

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I can't wait for Yahtzee to get his claws on this game and knitpick it to oblivion just because it's prince of persia.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Pigeon_Grenade said:
hmmm Well i Suppose falling in this game is better then falling in Mirrors Edge then
Less frustrating, certainly, at least in my opinion. As for replay value, that depends on the kind of player you are. It's not as though the game is going to change between playings - the Prince is who he is, and there's a single correct path through levels - but going through them is such a pleasure that I certainly wouldn't mind retreading the same ground.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Jursa said:
I can't wait for Yahtzee to get his claws on this game and knitpick it to oblivion just because it's prince of persia.
No, he'll nitpick it apart because it isn't the prince of persia of the previous console generation.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
One thing I notice in the dialogue that REALLY stands out is how all of the characters speak with VERY modern adages and colloquialisms. A good example is the use of the term word "Girlfriend." That strikes me as distinctly modern and kind of breaks the feel of the game even more so than the American accents.

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
nice kinda suck about not dying tho and prince was emo i dident noticed him cutting his arm while fighting the sand monsters and he was listening to godsmack hardly emo but i guess he did ***** alot like an emo

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Azzaevil said:
nice kinda suck about not dying tho and prince was emo i dident noticed him cutting his arm while fighting the sand monsters and he was listening to godsmack hardly emo but i guess he did ***** alot like an emo
He wasn't emorific in Sands of Time, thus no cutting himself while fighting sand monsters.

Also, basic punctuation is your friend. No, really, it is.

Proto Cloud

Jun 25, 2008
goestoeleven said:
Can't wait! Great review.

By the way:

"It's a minor complaint, but the game's aesthetic is otherwise so pleasing that it's jarring to hear someone who could just as easily have voiced Nathan Drake or Master Chief standing in as the Prince of Persia."

It is Nathan Drake. Same voice actor.
That's one of the things that bug me. Why didn't they, you know, get an actual middle-eastern voice actor instead of him. He just sounds very out of place in the setting.

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Azzaevil said:
He wasn't emorific in Sands of Time, thus no cutting himself while fighting sand monsters.

well lest he dident fight like an emo or the game would of been boring watching the prince curl up and cry but , any way who u like better Lara or Prince??

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
Azzaevil said:
Susan Arendt said:
Azzaevil said:

well lest he dident fight like an emo or the game would of been boring watching the prince curl up and cry but , any way who u like better Lara or Prince??
Basic Grammar is your lover.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
One thing I notice in the dialogue that REALLY stands out is how all of the characters speak with VERY modern adages and colloquialisms. A good example is the use of the term word "Girlfriend." That strikes me as distinctly modern and kind of breaks the feel of the game even more so than the American accents.
Would you prefer it if the whole game was done in ancient Persian?