Review: Prince of Persia

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
whats you're point?
stompythebeast said:
Azzaevil said:
Susan Arendt said:
Azzaevil said:
nice kinda suck about not dying tho and prince was emo i dident noticed him cutting his arm while fighting the sand monsters and he was listening to godsmack hardly emo but i guess he did ***** alot like an emo
He wasn't emorific in Sands of Time, thus no cutting himself while fighting sand monsters.

Also, basic punctuation is your friend. No, really, it is.
well lest he dident fight like an emo or the game would of been boring watching the prince curl up and cry but , any way who u like better Lara or Prince??
Basic Grammar is your lover.
what is you're point?

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
Azzaevil said:
whats you're point?
stompythebeast said:
Azzaevil said:
Susan Arendt said:
Azzaevil said:
nice kinda suck about not dying tho and prince was emo i dident noticed him cutting his arm while fighting the sand monsters and he was listening to godsmack hardly emo but i guess he did ***** alot like an emo
He wasn't emorific in Sands of Time, thus no cutting himself while fighting sand monsters.

Also, basic punctuation is your friend. No, really, it is.
well lest he dident fight like an emo or the game would of been boring watching the prince curl up and cry but , any way who u like better Lara or Prince??
Basic Grammar is your lover.
what is you're point?
There you go. She is a nice gal, treat her good.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Or, alternatively, you could treat her well.

Anyway.

Who do I like better, the Prince or Lara...hmmm...wow, that's tough, actually. I have great fondness for both characters, for completely different reasons. I think if I absolutely had to pick one, though, I'd probably go with the Prince.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I think you're getting a raw deal here, Susan. This review still isn't under the "Reviews" section on the main page.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I think you're getting a raw deal here, Susan. This review still isn't under the "Reviews" section on the main page.
Oh, hey, thank you for pointing that out. Not intentional at all, just a simple oversight on my part. Should be fixed now.

And yes, there are several good Tomb Raider games - Tomb Raider Legend, most recently. Many of them made poor Lara into a parody of herself, though, in addition to simply being bad games.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I always liked Lara Croft in concept...

What's wrong with an english acrobatic female archeologist who wields a pair of pistols and goes on Indiana Jones inspired adventures?

If they'd make her chest size a little more realistic and not such an obvious acrobatic hinderance I'd have no issues with the character whatsoever.

Logie--bear

TARDIS Stalker
Feb 2, 2008
Tonimata said:
Logie--bear said:
The whole "clean up corrupted areas for the tree of life aspect" really reminds me of Okami for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it though...
Actually, it reminds me of Twilight Princess
That's funny, Twilight Princess reminded me of Okami too. I also can't remember why... could have been the wolf running around in an odd graphicalstyle with an ANNOYING AS FUCK SIDEKICK.

But I digress...

Shellsh0cker

Defender of the English Language
Oct 22, 2008
SaintWaldo said:
Shellsh0cker said:
Nolan North. He did voice Desmond, but not Altaïr. What I found so confusing was that every other character in that game had authentic Middle-Eastern accents. I explained it to myself as some Animus glitch.
It's not a glitch. It's actually happening in the mind of an American, using the American's body image to navigate his DNA, It's not a time machine, it's a "genetic tour". So, it makes perfect sense that the main character would not have a Middle Eastern accent.
That's actually basically how I thought of it, but I didn't feel like typing that all out. I thought "glitch" was close enough.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Axolotl said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
One thing I notice in the dialogue that REALLY stands out is how all of the characters speak with VERY modern adages and colloquialisms. A good example is the use of the term word "Girlfriend." That strikes me as distinctly modern and kind of breaks the feel of the game even more so than the American accents.
Would you prefer it if the whole game was done in ancient Persian?
Actually I might. For instance, I found Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon a much richer experience with subtitles then when I saw it dubbed.

stompythebeast

Orbital Drop Shock Trooper
May 6, 2008
Slycne said:
Axolotl said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
One thing I notice in the dialogue that REALLY stands out is how all of the characters speak with VERY modern adages and colloquialisms. A good example is the use of the term word "Girlfriend." That strikes me as distinctly modern and kind of breaks the feel of the game even more so than the American accents.
Would you prefer it if the whole game was done in ancient Persian?
Actually I might. For instance, I found Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon a much richer experience with subtitles then when I saw it dubbed.
Very true. Any anime fan will tell you that an Anime series can be broken when it is translated and dubbed. Of course there are amazing exceptions, like Samurai Champloo where the voice acting was exceptional. But of course, its all up to the writers in the first place. And yes, a game with authentic accented voices would make a big difference. Like the call of CoD games, if the Russians didn't have an Russian accent, it would just be a poor effort on the Devs part.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
It sounds good. I understand that there was a bit of worrying over how the game would end up but, it looks like the concern was unfounded.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Slycne said:
I was being sarcastic, fundamentally we run into the problem that nobody who is alive today has any idea what ancient Persian would have sounded like, so using an actor with an American accent is as accurate as any other method.

Zippy1313

Mar 26, 2008
I already beat it and I am going to play it again to get all the trophies. Amazing game!

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
I didn't think that this game would be on my want list, but I'm very interested now. I'll have to pay a visit to the store this weekend.