Review: Prototype

johnsom

May 28, 2009
Nerdfury said:
Great Caesar's ghost, man - I simply pointed out that people are politely requested to keep multiple comments to one thread, instead of making many comments after the other, and that readers appreciate a little paragraphing. I'm sorry if somewhere in your mind you managed to get an insult out of that, but accusing one of trolling is hardly a fitting response to a polite bit of advice for a newcomer.

If this is the kind of reaction you're likely to give, you're more than welcome to cut your stay here short.
Well, ok rereading the post I admit I flew of the handle a bit. Critiquing of my grammar is one of my pet peeves and cherry picking the post I seemed you were dismissing the other poster based solely on age or experience.

jasoncyrus said:
Well thats what happens when A) you play it on EASY mode and B) you have a rubbish setup. Seriously, you couldn't get it to run better than 15 fps? Sucks to have your setup then. Mine ran like a dream (aside form the occasional freezes) and at standard fps rates its considerably more of a challenge than you make it out to be.
A) I play at normal on the first play through. I see it as how the developers intended for the game to be played. B) I do have an older pc, but when I can run nearly every other game under the sun at respectable frames and more then enough eye candy for my tastes I caulk poor fps up to poor optimization of the game code. I don't really blame them to much. It was created for the console, but they could at the very least give an option to turn off hdr/bloom. This game is easy and when it gets hard they begin to bend the laws of physics.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
To be fair, this is the only version I've played. But I had a ball with it.
I found that I agree with your review 100%. The plot was interesting if you wanted to hunt it down and the reward for completing all the consume events was particularly fun for me. And it fulfilled my desire to be a walking apocalypse.

:D

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Does the guy even have a health bar or does shooting him just make him angry? Cos that's what it looked like 'The bullets, they do nothin!'

-M