Review: Puzzle Quest 2

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Puzzle Quest 2

The game with the ridiculous premise and the ultra-addictive nature returns - and it's better this time.

Read Full Article

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
I don't have this game yet, but I played the demo and loved it. As soon as I get points, it will be the first thing I purchase.

I agree, it's extremely addictive, and the combat is a refreshing change from the norm.

Thanks for the review!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Nice! The second isntallment should make my tain rides just as more enteraining than the first!

Epic

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Any word on if its coming out for PC? Cause I liked the first one, and i especially liked the fact the games setting was based on the Warlords games.

geek.flip

Jan 6, 2010
The "clear the board" game is still in Puzzle Quest 2. It is the mini game you play when you learn a new spell from a NPC (though I've only encountered a goblin witch in the orc floor that teaches spells). Also, I seriously hope they make a patch to fix the 'dumb' equipping and that someone makes a handy chart of what upgrades to what. So far, Hellforged seems to get +weapon critical as a perk when you upgrade it enough, Ancient gives +defense, and Glyphic gives +spell resistance. Happily, at level 21 you can restat, if you have the patience (instead of just starting over when you realized you completely gimped the barbarian...)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
geek.flip said:
The "clear the board" game is still in Puzzle Quest 2. It is the mini game you play when you learn a new spell from a NPC (though I've only encountered a goblin witch in the orc floor that teaches spells). Also, I seriously hope they make a patch to fix the 'dumb' equipping and that someone makes a handy chart of what upgrades to what. So far, Hellforged seems to get +weapon critical as a perk when you upgrade it enough, Ancient gives +defense, and Glyphic gives +spell resistance. Happily, at level 21 you can restat, if you have the patience (instead of just starting over when you realized you completely gimped the barbarian...)
How have I not run into that yet? o_O Thanks for the info, that's very good to hear! But, yes, not being able to compare equipment is a real pain in the ass.

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
Interesting that the town/village some of this footage comes from is called Verloren, which is the Dutch word for Lost. I cannot see how that could have been accidental...

tme

Starcaller
May 21, 2009
I dig Susan Arendt. Her style of humor, her voice, always makes me giggle. Thanks a bunch.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Backswing? Psh I put Backspin on all my attacks! Missle Launcher go! *Fires rocket and it spins back and heads directly at me* Oh Fff-*Dies*

sniperworm

Apr 16, 2009
I've been loving this game since the day it came out. It's craaaaaaaaack and I haven't played it today yet, that must be fixed RIGHT now!

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
The only negative thing so far for me is the blocking as some creatures do it far too frequently.I've had some fights where around 95% of my attacks have been blocked meaning the fights last way longer than they should

It's definitely an improvement though.The AI no longer seems to be quite as omniscient and is therefore unable to chain together ridiculously big combos like the first game

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
MetalDooley said:
The only negative thing so far for me is the blocking as some creatures do it far too frequently.I've had some fights where around 95% of my attacks have been blocked meaning the fights last way longer than they should

It's definitely an improvement though.The AI no longer seems to be quite as omniscient and is therefore unable to chain together ridiculously big combos like the first game
Spells that lower defense help with the blocking a lot. Won't completely solve the problem, but definitely gives you more of a fighting chance.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Susan Arendt said:
MetalDooley said:

Spells that lower defense help with the blocking a lot. Won't completely solve the problem, but definitely gives you more of a fighting chance.
Ok thanks for the tip.Had been kinda concentrating on offensive damaging causing spells so I'll see what else I have in my spellbook

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Can't...choose...class...

I'm about 3 hours in on my Assassin, and already I'm thinking of trying a Templar.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
gibboss28 said:
Any word on if its coming out for PC? Cause I liked the first one, and i especially liked the fact the games setting was based on the Warlords games.
AC10 said:
Anyone know if this will see a steam release?
It's been confirmed that there will be a PC release. Strangely, I could only find vague mentions of a late summer as a release time.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Slycne said:
gibboss28 said:
AC10 said:
It's been confirmed that there will be a PC release. Strangely, I could only find vague mentions of a late summer as a release time.
Well, I'm a patient man; I can wait.
Thanks for the info, Slycne!

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Slycne said:
gibboss28 said:
AC10 said:
Same. Only more specific mention I've seen was "late June," but it was non-specific as to whether that meant PC or Xbox versions.

Now I'm all anxious. x.x