Review: R-Type Dimensions

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Heh.. I used to own R-Type I, on an Amstrad CPC i think it was.. Yep.. original version. The computer died a few years ago, but I'd like to state that, for the record, I completed it :D Hell yeah.

It's quite difficult, but its actually much more insanely difficult once you die, because you lose your little gun-upgradey thing..

I didn't even know R-Type II existed though :-(

And if that bit where it was mentioned is meant to be the pixellated mode... I had it in like 6 colours :D

Nice review, and from what I see I'd agree that it probably is fairly true to form, because I remember exactly what to do at each stage that you showed. I still rememeber the combinations. :S

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
dekkarax said:
...you need a US credit card or PSN card...
I understand this. I also understand that a PSN card sold in the US is only for the US and same for cards in EU. However, you should Google the term "anonymous remailers". They provide a US address for shipping and then forward you the package anywhere in the world. Yes, it's legal; many US service people HAVE to use anonymous remailers to get shipments into foreign PX addresses. Anecdotally, a friend serving in Japan had to use one to get a hard copy of the first Shadowbane expansion, because they would not ship to Japan.

So, if you are _really_ serious about getting access to the US PSN store from the EU, it can be done. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get into the EU SingStore, as you have a bunch of Queen and Depeche Mode songs that we like to sing in the US, so I feel your pain, sir. ;)

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
R-Type 1 is also available on the Wii for 800 points (Super R-Type, a botched port of RT2 and R-Type 3 are 800 each too), probably easier to deal with than remailers and whatnot.

venarez666

Feb 15, 2009
i used to love this game when i was a kid

then i went and shelled out wii points for it and it seemed that time had not been kind to me, i couldnt even complete the first stage! people might be thinking "ha you suck!" well you know what, you're right! i gave up after the bazillionth time i got marmalised within about two minutes of turning it on.....

its still an awesome game though :)

gpaus

Feb 23, 2009
R-Type was my all time favourite. Do you have the link to download this game? Is it just for 360 and it there a PC version?