Review: Red Steel 2

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
It is next on the list after Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
It's been a while since a game has really made me want a system I don't have. This game looks like a blast, but I don't have a Wii, Motion Plus, or even a TV for that matter. Oh well.

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
This and the new Metroid game are going to breath some life into my Wii this summer, literally for the first time in years.

Also for some reason I thought the ending of this video was hilarious.

"That's just great. You can have mine for now...BUT DON'T LOSE IT!" boom

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
This is a good game, the only suggestion I have is to buy a nunchuck extension cord so you can make really big swings without being all tangled up

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
I'd
rembrandtqeinstein said:
This is a good game, the only suggestion I have is to buy a nunchuck extension cord so you can make really big swings without being all tangled up
I'd suggest buying a wireless one to stop getting whipped every 3 seconds.

It's negligable though. Awesome game, my only fault is it's a bit short, in heindsight, I wish I hadn't paid £45 for it, but it's just about good enough to not worry about that.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
This looks interresting... my craving for goo dswordplay on teh wii has been battling with my huge disapointment over Red Steel 1 (it sucked, like really really hard)

CriticalGriffin

Jan 18, 2010
I was actually more suprised how there wasn't the line "Wort a rent at the very least" on the recommendation part.

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
I stand by my view of the original Red Steel that the swordplay wasn't broken at all. It's just that the enemies you had to fight were feckin hard and the game required patience and some in depth enemy pattern recognition. Once you memorized the right moves and recognized when to strike it was actually pretty good fun.... Yeh so near the end you died almost instantly if you made a mistake - someone did just put a blade through your head...

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
"minority of Wii owners who also enjoy first-person shooters, you likely won't do better than this for a long, long time."

That's weird; I enjoy first-person shooters and I happen to be a Wii owner. The two are not compatible, however. Exhibit A is The Conduit, which was well-polished fail with a side of shit.

The Wii simply cannot respond quickly enough to be an accurate sword fighting simulator, though it seems Ubisoft has done a pretty good job trying.

BTW I did enjoy the the original. It was a little broken, but it the swordplay was tight enough to flow. Thank God I got a shooter-friendly console shortly thereafter.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
Definately one of the best wii games I own. The visuals are adequate for any system, not just a wii, and the swordplay starts out great and gets even better with all the hidden strikes. I can't help but be in love with the eagle move. The first person aspect of it makes it stunning.
I'd give it 5 stars... but then come the doors... I think it would be better at that time if it was 3rd person, that way we could see the kusagari stand impatiently for a few seconds. That would be at least a bit entertaining. But that's negligable, definate 4.5 stars.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Sennz0r said:
Jordan Deam said:
Red Still
"Still"?

Other than that, nice review. If I had a Wii, this would probably be the first game I'd buy for it.
in leu of this, "deja vu" does not need a capital. It does needs accents, though.

Other than that, nice review. If I ever played my Wii, I would probably buy this.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
It's a bit strange how you comment on the graphics and show a pre-rendered scene at that time.

Swiping at barrels tends to move your view so I just use stabs instead, works fine.

The reason I use the sword in combat is because pulling all those moves increases the money you get, just shooting them all dead is fast but not terribly profitable.

Overall a really fun game, not GOTY-level but very enjoyable.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
I'm glad it was improved so much. The only thing the original Red Steel had going for it was the awesome bar fights with Uzis.

darian Nenith

Nov 18, 2009
As one of the few who enjoyed the original, I'm really looking forward to this one.

Just need to scrounge up some cash...