Review: Shank

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Shank

Shank will stab you in the face, and you will like it.

Read Full Article

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Nerf dogs. Those stupid things are so hard to deal with when there are more enemies on screen.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Mr. Funk, you have never let me down before. Ever. I shall diligently try this game out as it sounds AWESOME!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I was going to get it...but Plants Vs Zombies JUST arrived on Xbox Live Arcade.

For, you guessed it, $15.

I'll have to pick Shank up the line. I liked the demo enough.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Haha! Looks like something I would indeed enjoy - Will have to give it a shot somepoint...stabby stabby!

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Written and narrated by Steve Butts? Wearing a John Funk mask, I assume. ;)

Nice one!

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I was going to get it...but Plants Vs Zombies JUST arrived on Xbox Live Arcade.

For, you guessed it, $15.

I'll have to pick Shank up the line. I liked the demo enough.
Me too. Being on the verge of the post-summer AAA game flood, I'm being more careful with what I purchase.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
So it's a bit like Batman Arkham Asylum. In that it looks great and the combat is brutal and smooth, but its ingenuity goes out the door during boss fights just to fall back on standard mechanics.

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
Played the demo on Xbox and enjoyed in a fair bit. The boss fight was indeed the worst part of the overall experience.

Kaisharga

Dec 5, 2007
This game would almost be good, except Dishwasher: Dead Samurai came out like a year and a half ago, and does everything this game does and more and better. I guess maybe Shank is okay if you don't own a 360.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Actually the later bosses do call for you to actively attack them in order to get them in a position to do more damage. Plus any game where you have to sacrifice a slave to a gimp in order to kill him is at least trying.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
If I didn't already have a list of 2 games and one dlc to get this would be a must have. It looks like a fun little way to pass time and with violence.

Karloff said:
Written and narrated by Steve Butts? Wearing a John Funk mask, I assume. ;)

Nice one!
Do we have proof that they both have been online at the same time? I fear we may have found the Mr Durden of the escapist.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
It looks like a 2D DMC ripoff to me. If I want to stylishly kill minions and get into boss battles that are actually challenging then I simply play DMC3.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
The combos and gameplay are great. The bosses are fun as well. My only complaint is the final boss I haven't beaten him yet and the difficulty isn't too much its just the final boss is boring. It becomes less of a strategy fight to just survive wait for attack counter, rinse and repeat.

I commend them on the weapons variety. They stream together flawlessly in combos however it'd be nice if you could mix them together instead of having to wait for the changing animation

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
It looks like a pretty fun, but probably kind of short, game. That's okay though. It's more what I'm looking for these days.