Review: Shank

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Somehow this game looks very fun.. Senseless brutal killing is very fun.. Who needs a story anyway? I just want to kill stuff!

joest01

Apr 15, 2009
People complain about the length.
For one, it's an incredibly fun 3-4h the first time. On normal.
But normal is only prepping you for the real Shank. Hard mode.
Quintessential hardcore gaming. No less.
Play it.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Video review said:
... the game's crowning moment of awesome...
Sorry, John, that's been deprecated. They're just awesome moments [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrowningMomentOfAwesome] now. TVTropes link. Abandon all hope of a productive afternoon ye who enter here.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
Fantastic, still waiting for an action game with a sweet combo system that actually lets you make use of it on bosses... Ninja Gaiden is still king of the bullshit. Use combo system, get ass kicked, jumping slashes, WIN!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
This really does look like a cool game. I've just bought so much on XBLA lately I don't feel like blowing more cash on something I might not even get to soon.

GvidaZ

Dec 12, 2009
Yeah....The final boss is HELL.
It's mostly just hard becouse he doesnt(atleast in the first 2 stages) have an attack that if you dodge you QTE and slice off half of its life.You can block his one attack and punch him in the face,but it does the same damage as a few strikes from the katana.Guns are useless.You just have to combo LIKE YOU MEAN IT.But when i accsidentaly press leap instead of block(PC) he catches me and does some damage.Looks like when I run into some guy and shank him...He has leap 2...The student just screwed up the master :D
Its stil very satisfying...This and mostly casandra that don't have a half of your life slice qte are fun ^^...
P.S.Big denny is weird...