Review: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

You can teach an old spider some new tricks. Kind of.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Certainly seems to match similar remarks I have heard from others. Ill likely just let my friend by it, then borrow from him, heh

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Neil Patrick Harris and Deadpool? A chance to learn more about Spidey's history and incarnations without having to read the comics or get it all-too-shortly summarized on the internet?

I must get this down the line!

Also, Funk, are you sick? You sounded...off.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009

I'd pay for a Dead pool TV show.

I may actually watch TV for it.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Where is the number of stars out of 5? Has that been ditched?

On topic: I've never been a massive Spiderman fan, so hearing that this isn't so great, I don't think I'll pick it up.

EDIT: Okay, the stars are back. Nothing to see here.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
That Deadpool commercial toward the end had me going for a second. I'm sure he would be great at birthday parties.

The game itself reminds me a lot of Web of Shadows, which was a disappointment in my eyes.

However, the Noir Spiderman is at least a side of the web-slinger I haven't see before, so that's at least something. I'll probably give this game a rent, but much more than that, I can not say.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
the fact that Spiderman is voiced by Neil Patrick Harris in this was almost enough to get me to buy this by itself, but the gameplay doesn't look good enough for me to get it.

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Sneak peak at the Deadpool is enough for me to play the game no matter how bad it is...

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I finally finished this game last night, pretty much agree with most of the review. Just adding that the Noir levels are the most annoying thing ever. They are just a cheap and broken knock off of Arkham Asylum, I think the only Noir level I enjoyed was the goblin one because they let you loose in a huge area and you could actually take multiple approached to enemies and take them out. Whereas the other Noir levels they stick you in Narrow rooms or alley ways and you're pretty much left to doing take downs exactly the way the game wants you too. Even then it gets hard because some enemies will just happen to spot you for no reason at all. And the spider sense aka AA's Detective Mode is pretty annoying in this game, if you're going for collectibles then you essentially have to play with the damn thing on all the time and for some reason it seems to work a lot like infared vision. Suddenly walk into a room with bright lights you're probably going to wash out your entire screen.
All that said, definitely worth a rental. Just zip through the levels skipping most of the henchmen (especially in the later levels) and just go to the boss fights. The boss fights are the best parts of the game, the rest is just mediocre. And the Deadpool level is amazing.

Infernoshadow211

Nov 18, 2009
This is probably just me but I always thought that Spiderman was more suited to be stealthy than Batman because of his powers.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:

You can teach an old spider some new tricks. Kind of.

Read Full Article
So it sounds like this might be worth a rental, am I correct?

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
The game is a good rental. Period. Some of the levels are insanely fun while others are very meh...

My favorite level was the Deadpool level where u fight on a series of oil rigs in the middle of the ocean. Great fun.

The first noir level was awesome. Even the boss fight emphasized stealth. However, they got way off on the second noir level taking most of the stealth sections out of the level, which basically felt like a pointless waste of a level.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
already bought it, it has yet to arrive in the mail though, but i got a great price on it, and i love NPH as a voice actor so im sure i will get my moneys worth, also the only games you can rent in Denmark are launch titles or sports games.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
ok... i just forgot everything that was said about that game or wathever

OMG A DEADPOOL TV SHOW!!! WHY WONT THEY MAKE A GAME ABOUT HIM, OR AT LEAST A DESENT MOVIE, DEAR GOD HE IS THE COOLEST GUY EVER!!! [/fanboy]

oh! a new spidy show, lets see the video...

*sees the video*

OMG A DEADPOOL TV SHOW!!! WHY WONT THEY MAKE A GAME ABOUT HIM, OR AT LEAST A DESENT MOVIE, DEAR GOD HE IS THE COOLEST GUY EVER!!! [/fanboy]

what?? oh! a new spidy game!! lets see the video!!!...

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I guess the closest we ever got to spiderman 2 to was the spiderman game with the venom side levels that everyone hates. This one does sound more like web of shadows or ugh. heroes and villians with beat em up being the focus rather than exploration but I guess that's probably best. With games like infamous and assasians creed spiderman would really have to pull out all the stopss to look good in comparison to them. And as far as I know. No one has such skill at the wheel for the time being. Gameinformer gave it a good score though but it seems they were the only ones. Maybe they too were swayed by the deadpool cameo.