Review: Stalin vs. Martians

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Stalin vs. Martians

Stalin vs. Martians is incredibly Russian, incredibly absurd, and incredibly not-very-good.

Read Full Article

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
The humor in this game is preety good actually. Everything else sucks.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
They didn't even bother to crop the pointer, it looks like a square o_O I liked the intro speech xD

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Three minutes of soviet national anthem? Oh lord.

I'm quite sure the bolshevik on a bicycle is only there to make you go 'wtf?' though.

InProgress

Feb 15, 2008
This game had some much potential behind it. Alas, maybe it just wasn't ment to be. The multicoloured dots were the most annoying enemy in the game.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
neuromasser said:
They didn't even bother to crop the pointer, it looks like a square o_O I liked the intro speech xD
To be fair, that's actually a weird little glitch in the recording software we used. We couldn't get it to go away. It doesn't ACTUALLY look like that in the game.

itdoesntmatter

Dec 11, 2008
I'm curious whether or not 'or die trying' really was a way to finish that level..
Did you try that "strategy"?

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Granted I haven't played it, but this game just looks like it tries too hard to be humorous, but fails terribly. And since humor was meant to be the focal point of the game, it just makes the rest look bad as well. That and the game just... doesn't look interesting. Why am I playing this game when I could play Command and Conquer or Starcraft? Because of the humor? Oh but wait, that fails, too. :/

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
The whole premise was flawed. They said they'd make a "casual" RTS without base building but that would mean appealing to newbies. Most if not all RTS newbies play RTSes as a combination of SimCity and "select all, attack move". Base building is the only strategy they know. Cut that out and you'd have to make it a game about micro and such which RTS newbies consider completely foreign. They just spam the heaviest units and attack move. There's a reason the real casual RTSes consist entirely of base building (tower defense).

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I figured as much when it's been out a week or so and it's already on 60% discount on steam. That just smells of desperation.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
So Noby Noby Boy remains the best bizarre game this year?
How could it not? Stretching yourself to report yourself to a girl, and then eating things and shooting them out your but. Yep, that is much stranger than Stalin fighting Martians.