Review: Stoked: Big Air Edition

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Stoked: Big Air Edition

Screw snowboarding on K2 - I'm waiting for a game where we get to ski on Mt. Everest.

Read Full Article

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Hmmm... I used to think that it was impossible to make a bad snowboarding game. Then I bought Shaun White Snowboarding and now I find myself very wary. I wonder how this compares to that?

Damn, I'd kill for a new SSX game, the stuff they could do with the extra power of this generation, it'd be epic. They managed to make a half hour run, from the top of the mountain all the way to the bottom on the old hardware, think of what they could do on a PS3 or 360.

Tharduz

Nov 9, 2009
I'm a diehard snowboardfan (and a snowboarder myself btw) and Stoked would be the game for me. But since I live in Europe, I'm not given the privilege to get this Big Air Edition, which is, in fact, pretty flippin' lame. [rage] The game was made in frickin' Germany and for the love of god, it was even produced by a German company. How the heck could this version not be in Europe at the moment? Did I miss some geography lesson along the way? IS GERMANY LOCATED IN THE US AND FRICKIN' A NOWADAYS? .____. [/rage] Ow, I actually don't live in Germany myself, I live in Holland to be exact. But still, we're neighbours, right?

Anyways, this game should be the most awesome game released since my mother gave birth to me, but I just can't seem to get my hands on it.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
I'm not sure, from the video I saw, that this is the defnitive snowboard simulation game. But the idea of exploring mountains, as well as real time weather, is a step in the right direction. I'll definitely be renting this.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Brilliant.

I don't like sports games either, because it reminds me I should be out exercising more and maybe playing these sports with friends in real life rather than sitting on a couch in front of a TV set.

By contrast, since I can't be an orc or space marine in real life, playing computer simulations of these sorts or activities I have no problem with.

BUT, if you can't go snowboarding on K2, then having a computer simulation to do it is perfectly reasonable. This is the first sports game in a long time that I might consider getting. It looks pretty hot and the premise is sweet. I also like the freedom it gives to you explore and find your own lines... not the kind of thing you usually see.