Review: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Episode 1

Thaddeus

A Nobody in Somebody's Clothing
Mar 20, 2007
Review: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, Episode 1

If you are a) cool, b) attractive, c) looking for an adventure game starring a guy in a Mexican wrestling mask, or d) all of the above, you might want to check out Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

Read Full Article

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Best ten bucks I've EVER spent in my life.

Although I find the PC version to be the superior in terms of control.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Think of it this way. I would have shelled out 60 bucks for each episode if they continue to be as awesome as the first episode.

roysterer

Aug 29, 2008
I'm sure the game is good and all, but I don't know how you expect anyone to have any respect for your opinions when you say that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is "genuinely entertaining"

Narrator

Jul 11, 2006
Aries_Split post=6.69904.674568 said:
Think of it this way. I would have shelled out 60 bucks for each episode if they continue to be as awesome as the first episode.
Not to downplay your enthusiasm for the game, but $300 per season sounds, y'know, a bit steep to me. Not that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it as well.

Nicely written review. I'm ready for episode 2.

Thaddeus

A Nobody in Somebody's Clothing
Mar 20, 2007
roysterer post=6.69904.676767 said:
I'm sure the game is good and all, but I don't know how you expect anyone to have any respect for your opinions when you say that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is "genuinely entertaining"
Y-you didn't like a movie that I liked?

Oh... oh, GOD!

I just-- I don't know how to face the rest of today, let alone the endless march of time lined up behind it, with something like that hanging over my head. How could I have missed this? Obviously my taking enjoyment from a movie that wasn't unilaterally popular with everyone on the internet absolutely annihilates what few shreds of credibility I've managed to scrounge in my short and ultimately hollow existence.

Gigantor

Dec 26, 2007
Thaddeus post=6.69904.677369 said:
roysterer post=6.69904.676767 said:
Y-you didn't like a movie that I liked?

Oh... oh, GOD!

I just-- I don't know how to face the rest of today, let alone the endless march of time lined up behind it, with something like that hanging over my head. How could I have missed this? Obviously my taking enjoyment from a movie that wasn't unilaterally popular with everyone on the internet absolutely annihilates what few shreds of credibility I've managed to scrounge in my short and ultimately hollow existence.
I'm in quiet awe over how much sarcasm you squeezed into five lines of text. Good work.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
"Sitting through a few of the Strong Bad e-mail segments at Homestarrunner the quickest way to judge if you'll miss your ten bucks once it's gone"

That depends on which order you watch them if you ask me. They started out quite minimalistic with a simple yet effective humor and moved on to becoming something truly unique. Now they're just loud and self-referential (in a bad way).

Two years ago this game could've been something original, but it seems like the Brothers Chaps have run out of steam : /