Review: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
I'm amazed at the amount of ignorance and stubbornness in the gaming community today. I may be a huge Nintendo fan, but anyone who doesn't think this game is great after playing through it is NOT A TRUE GAMER. No 360 game since the consoles release has been close to the consistent brilliance Nintendo keeps delivering in all their franchises. My favorite 360 experience so far was portal, because it's the only one I can name that actually has any real concept or creativity. I just know that all the ppl trying to defuse the hype over this game don't own a wii...and it's sad. MG2 is one of my top 10 favorite games of all time, right up there with all the other metroids and zeldas and marios and everything else that ever came from the only real gaming company in the world.

iBlooba

Jun 17, 2010
Eh dude your the one getting all defensive when he told you about the ability to change the camera modes. I respect your opinion fine, but personally I didn't really find a problem with the camera. It never affected my game play. I do believe it deserves the 5/5 and the perfect 10's it got on both IGN and GameSpot. ^^

iBlooba

Jun 17, 2010
John Funk said:
Elesar said:
Here's a suggestion Escapist (not just you, all video games journalists, but you're the only ones I really pay attention to).
Next time there's a Mario release, how about you let someone who isn't overly fond of Mario play it to review? How about someone who's not attached to Mario, maybe isn't that familiar with the mythos or previous games and will therefore judge the game on it's own merits as it's own game as opposed to it's merits in relation to a long lasting series.
I'm not saying you'd end up with a bad review. Said person might love it a lot. But it would be a very different one.

Just a thought.
The problem is, in an office with a ton of lifelong gamers, there probably aren't gonna be that many of them who aren't familiar with Mario. Not saying it can't happen, but it's pretty unlikely.
And besides, IGN and Gamespot both gave it perfect scores. And I always thought IGN was more biased towards Xbox 360. Your not the first one to complain though, I saw a lot of them on other reviews. "Your a Mario fanboy", Yadayadayada. Who isn't a Mario fanboy? You could throw the job of reviewing Mario Galaxy 2 into a crowd full of gamers, and I bet most of them will give this game the 5/5 it deserves. As a 3D platformer, this is probably the best to come out this decade.

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Christ, the wannabe witty female gamer (?) mispronouncing Mario has got to be the flagship of Escapist quality reviews.