Review: Super Street Fighter IV

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Super Street Fighter IV

It may be a second verse, but it's better than the first.

Read Full Article

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
It might be worth to point out that there's been a great deal of rebalancing, making characters previously thought to be jokes into viable choices. At least until someone discovers the new cheese.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I would love to play this, but I'm too ham-fisted to pull off any combos so when I tried SSIV at a mates, I couldn't even complete it on easy.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe, Nice to see them making some changes in it. Gonna love playing this when I can finally pick it up!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Wait... SF4 has a Turk fighter? AWESOME! We Turks need to be in more games.

Nice review, I just started playing the regular SF and I'm loving it. After seeing this review I must now get the better version.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
What rewards do owners get in SSF4 if they have SF4?
Besides the pleasure of mild redundancy? Don't mind it a bit, it happened to me back in the SNES days.

p.s. - at 2:23 in the vid. Makoto looks really enthusiastic for what she was about to do to poor Sakura. Was that an intentional capture? Bonus points: Try to un-see!

XainBushido

Mar 17, 2010
I will end up having to rent this to see if balancing was actually done to some extent. Given that was probably my only issue with the original.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
As far as I'm aware, not that much. Some "cool" exclusive color palettes if you have SFIV save data. That said, I'm getting it tomorrow.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Aack. Not buying now for several reasons

1) No arcade stick :(
2) I still own SF4
3) DRM on PSN Final Fight

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
A pencil sketch filter for the characters making them look more like their cutscene counterparts.

I.e. not much.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Sheepzor said:
How did vega play?
I can answer this as I play charge characters mostly in (S)SF4. He now has a proper overhead, his ultra II can be comboed into (in fact, there are very few instances you'd want to use his other ultra anymore), his moves are slightly bit faster and his super does almost a third more damage than it used to. He's not awesome or anything but I wager he's a solid mid-tier character now.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
It's really too bad that Keane NG won't be around to kick you guys' asses at this this time around.

Eremiel

Apr 24, 2008
Woe Is You said:
I can answer this as I play charge characters mostly in (S)SF4. He now has a proper overhead, his ultra II can be comboed into (in fact, there are very few instances you'd want to use his other ultra anymore), his moves are slightly bit faster and his super does almost a third more damage than it used to. He's not awesome or anything but I wager he's a solid mid-tier character now.
His U1 has been changed to hit on it's way to the wall much like EX-Barcelona. This change turns it from crap to "pretty darn awesome". There're still really good reasons to use U1.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Great review. I am mildly obsessed with Street Fighter 3 and 4 so the roster in this is friggin awesome for me. Blanka and Makoto for me please!

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Have they nerfed Sagat? People online seem to only use him and Akuma.

Prefer Chun-Li myself.

Cant wait to get me some Guy... That sounded better in my head.

7moreDead_v1legacy

Feb 17, 2009
Woe Is You said:
Sheepzor said:
How did vega play?
When you say slightly faster does that mean the priority is better? Sick of him getting stuffed mid move.

Eremiel said:
His U1 has been changed to hit on it's way to the wall much like EX-Barcelona. This change turns it from crap to "pretty darn awesome". There're still really good reasons to use U1.
Good stuff :D