Review: Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

The first chapter in Tales of Monkey Island is everything we loved and everything we hated about adventure games.

Read Full Article

aperpheldy

Mar 21, 2009
YAY! It looks great, but i loved the other games as well. When does it come out in Australia?

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
You don't have to dragg the mouse down. WSAD and shift for runing works great.

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
syltman said:
Argh, you spoiled some for me D:
Yea this review needs spoiler tags. I don't mind an overview of the gameplay and story but I don't want the puzzles solved for me. I don't know if there are anymore but I stopped watching at the sock bit.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
Ralackk said:
syltman said:
Argh, you spoiled some for me D:
Yea this review needs spoiler tags. I don't mind an overview of the gameplay and story but I don't want the puzzles solved for me. I don't know if there are anymore but I stopped watching at the sock bit.
there's one more.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Major spoilers in the video Funky boy. It took me ages to figure out how to get on the ship and you just give it away like that.

I'm disappointed in you.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
Just thought I would say, good review. Though was ten years ago really 2009? Ha, perhaps a quick correction. Other than that, very good quality as always and its good to see a new monkey island game being released after all this time.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Pirates and Ninja action figures
What will they do to top that? (I like how the action figure was impaling an olive)

drummond13

Apr 28, 2008
Why......why do you give away the solution to a puzzle in your review? There was absolutely no reason to do so!

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
This review seems sort of harmful to the game. Don't you think you could've gotten your point across without revealing the answers to so many of the puzzles?

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
gxs said:
You don't have to dragg the mouse down. WSAD and shift for runing works great.
I didn't realize that. I'll have to try that when chapter 2 comes out. I still don't get why they couldn't have had a more traditional "click to go here" interface like they have in the Strong Bad games. They aren't planning to release it for 360 or PS3 are they?

r0ckarong

Jul 16, 2009
Yeah, I agree with the spoiler controversy. You shouldn't give away puzzle solutions at all be they as obvious as it gets. Also, why did they use artwork from Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition for this review? These are two completely different games.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Heh I may want to pick up this game.

But what was going on with Guybrush's hand? It was all green

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
shMerker said:
I still don't get why they couldn't have had a more traditional "click to go here" interface like they have in the Strong Bad games.
Yes it's a little different but it's not so bad when you get the hang of it. And yeah they should've documented the Shift key or maybe it's my fault because I never read any hints, manuals,... :)