Review: Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but the image next to the article link on the front page and the preview image for the video are both from Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, not Tales of Monkey Island.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I downloaded the demo and it doesn't run well on my computer. It's laggy as hell and crashes to desktop after the prologue.

I was like, what? The Sam and Max games and the Strong Bad games ran just well. My computer isn't that bad.

aperpheldy said:
When does it come out in Australia?
The PC version can be downloaded from the internet no matter where you live. Not sure about the Wii version.

Theissen

Jan 8, 2008
... is the first adventure for Mighty Pirate ? Guybrush Threepwood since Escape From Monkey Island back in 2009 - almost a decade ago.
So is 2009 almost a decade ago? :)

Woem

May 28, 2009
syltman said:
Argh, you spoiled some for me D:
Seriously, I don't see the purpose of those puzzle spoilers in a review. Why did he do that?

standokan

May 28, 2009
gonna buy/download this game ASAP, no wait first part one i do want to understand the storyline

ZeroHourHero

Apr 15, 2009
woem said:
syltman said:
Argh, you spoiled some for me D:
Seriously, I don't see the purpose of those puzzle spoilers in a review. Why did he do that?
The specific puzzle he solved is solved 90% of the way for you already in the first area, its the tutorial.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
ZeroHourHero said:
The specific puzzle he solved is solved 90% of the way for you already in the first area, its the tutorial.
No. No it wasn't. I can maybe see giving away the membership card, that's not really a big deal. But giving away the bomb puzzle? That's unforgivable.

And the keyboard controls are much better to use than the mouse controls. But the lack of a "click to walk here" function is inexcusable.

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
In all honesty I think using the keyboard to move works really well. The WASD keys and shift to run is the perfect way to move around in a 3D Monkey Island. I didn't feel like I was asking too much of my mouse, and letting it worry about the puzzles, while all movement as well as opening the inventory (tab key) was easier with the keyboard.

sprout

Feb 14, 2006
Came across this flash movie recap of Monkey Island. It's quite amusing, but FULL of spoilers. Probably best to check it out after you've finished playing.

http://majusarts.deviantart.com/art/Monkey-Island-Flash-Movie-62672674

Unreliable

Jul 14, 2009
Why does the latest incarnation of Guybrush Threepwood look like my drug dealer?
Seriously, has Guybrush been hitting the crack pipe a little too ofter. He looks boney, thin and wacked out.

baba44713

Sep 25, 2008
Wow, talk about bad reviewing. The guy talks about the game and then BAM! a lengthy spoiler of one of the tougher puzzles in the game.

Was that REALLY necessary?

Also, the headline image is from the wrong game. Juxtaposing the correct title on the wrong picture doesn't make it right.

On the upside, I know whose reviews to avoid in the future...