Review: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
I have to agree about the gun comment. A little of that would've been fine, but too much of it and it's like playing Halo Wars on the PC... just another bland game when there's better picks in the genre.

Also, loved the comment at the end. "Oh, I am gonna enjoy killing you."
I chose not to show the line that really, really made me want to snap that bastard's neck, but I assure you...he totally had it coming.
Gee Susan your reviews are getting darker. Is there any problems? Not feeling happy? Or just putting a darker spin on your usual cheerful "beddy-byes" voice acting?

Stuart M

Apr 22, 2009
I'm so bummed out that I missed EFBB, but it's all the more reason to pick this up.

Nice review.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
NewGeekPhilosopher said:
Susan Arendt said:
WhiteTigerShiro said:
I have to agree about the gun comment. A little of that would've been fine, but too much of it and it's like playing Halo Wars on the PC... just another bland game when there's better picks in the genre.

Also, loved the comment at the end. "Oh, I am gonna enjoy killing you."
I chose not to show the line that really, really made me want to snap that bastard's neck, but I assure you...he totally had it coming.
Gee Susan your reviews are getting darker. Is there any problems? Not feeling happy? Or just putting a darker spin on your usual cheerful "beddy-byes" voice acting?
Actually, I was quite ill when I did the voice over, and as a result my voice sounds a bit off.

RebornKusabi

Mar 11, 2009
I just played through this game and while I consider Assault on Dark Athena to be a weak link, Butcher Bay has held up surprisingly well by today's standards and a huge example of what movie games are capable of.

Other than that, great review!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
RebornKusabi said:
I just played through this game and while I consider Assault on Dark Athena to be a weak link, Butcher Bay has held up surprisingly well by today's standards and a huge example of what movie games are capable of.

Other than that, great review!
Though I definitely see where you're coming from, I thought Michelle Forbes' performance saved Dark Athena. Your mileage may vary.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
wait, climbing through air ducts, shimmying along walls, jumping on crates?
Doom 3?
No!
Riddick apparently.

I might buy it, not really interested...

whiterabbit9

May 27, 2009
The only problem with the Riddock character is Vin Diesel. He also somehow made a terrible move out of Hitman, all the writers had to do is pick a plot from one of the games! Riddock simply wasn't as good as other stealth games that have come before it. Then it turned into a bad version of halo. The fighting is great, but that has been done before..... better. A very mild version of manhunt, but not as good.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
Not only do I agree with the gun comment but couldn't they have done something better to keep them forbidden? In Buthcer it's DNA encoded and in Athena they have them attached to the drones arms. The entire time they're rubbing guns in your face and especially when you need one most.