Review: The Godfather II

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Hey Russ, do you think the third movie would have been better if you hadn't seen the first or second movie? I only ask because its a sentiment many people I know who've seen the trilogy seem to share.

Great review, I've been on the fence about this one, this review is the first one I've seen that at least talks about the gameplay without beating around the bush about mediocre controls or some other nonsense I find indirect to fun levels.. After reading this I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the game.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
theSovietConnection said:
Hey Russ, do you think the third movie would have been better if you hadn't seen the first or second movie? I only ask because its a sentiment many people I know who've seen the trilogy seem to share.
I'm not sure. It's definitely wildly different from the first two films, both in style and substance. I also don't think it's nearly as cohesive as the first two. In my opinion, neither the writing nor the directing are as strong, although there are a number of great moments and brilliant performances. Al Pacino delivers very well as the aging Michael, and Andy Garcia plays a great character. It's just a shame the movie as a whole isn't stronger.

D3C4F

Nov 1, 2008
I heard it's really glitchy but Russ Pitts makes it sound awesome... who to believe?!

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
D3C4F said:
I heard it's really glitchy but Russ Pitts makes it sound awesome... who to believe?!
I played the entire game without turning off my console (sleep is for the weak/I watched a movie about 5 hours in as I can't eat and play on my 360) and didn't encounter a single glitch.

Altogether a good review, covered the entire experience of the game, and in the comments the comment about loose affiliation (Batman pajamas) was quite right, you don't play it for the Godfather 2 story from the movie, you play for the fun of 1950's mob warfare and empire building.