Review: The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008

Time travel and pie: two great tastes that go great together!

Read Full Article

decadence

Mar 4, 2010
This new way to embed advertisement is.... suboptimal.

Misleading link to the real clip, very distracting ads frame.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
pffh said:
BlueTomfoolery said:
Why do some games turn their heads to top-hats and time-mechanics nowadays?
Because top-hats are awesome.
They make you look cool and spiffy!

I will will say this though...PoP still has the best time mechanic I think...

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
This game is great, but it was rather short, and the time trial bonus levels are damn impossible. But that's why they are bonus.

clauwman

Jan 31, 2009
If this sounds interesting to you, then you should check out the flash game "The Company of Myself" which, based on what I've seen in this review supplement, is the EXACT SAME THING. Why pay money for the same game, right? Warning: It's a difficult game.

http://games.adultswim.com/the-company-of-myself-puzzle-online-game.html

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Jordan Deam said:
Being an achievement whore, I always have to ask about them before purchasing a game. So, how are they? Pretty straight-forward? Or are they like Braid with some easy ones and then one or two ridiculous ones?

I want to pick this game up, but if the achievements are nigh-impossible, I think I might just say screw it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I remember my excitement when I first heard of this game. It looked like it had a very novel idea and premise and now it seems that its execution was pretty good. I hope to play this game one day.
Marmalade said:
It looks rather cool and i love the title.
My sentiments exactly.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
See, even games that are meant to be original premises are starting to copy one another. Ladies and gentlemen, our industry is irrevocably stagnated.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
A little saddened to read this. I thought the concept and whimsy might be enough to pull off a good game.

I will also admit that I am a little afraid that I would have trouble controlling the necessary character interaction.

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
Jordan Deam said:

If you recall the "shadow self" levels in World 5 of Braid, you have already have a decent idea ofWinterbottom's central mechanic. Instead of rewinding time, Winterbottom lets you record multiple copies of yourself, which play through your previous actions on a continuous loop. Also unlike Braid, your past selves in Winterbottom exist in the same plane of existence as the true Winterbottom, allowing you to directly interact with your clones

Read Full Article
You could do that in Braid, too, in one level, you actually had to step on your self head to go further. But you could have only one, so it was rather limited.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
If I wasn't a complete nerd for such non-clicking, no-luck puzzles, I would've completely forgotten that the first world in Braid was World 2 and thus the fourth world was the World 5. Almost forgot about that.

Going to be looking for this game.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Tonimata said:
See, even games that are meant to be original premises are starting to copy one another. Ladies and gentlemen, our industry is irrevocably stagnated.
Nah. Pixeljunk shooter is an example of such new and yet original premises (I think), but I'd rather have more no-click, no-luck-based puzzle games at my arsenal than a few ones.

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Looks neat, hope it comes to PC since I don't have a 360 at the moment.

On that note: I had to check another site to determine what system(s) this game is available for, as I have occasionally with other games as well. Maybe something to include in the reviews, in a note at the end?