Review: The Saboteur

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
One thing i disagree about this review are the graphics, which look badly dated as if the game came out in 2005 or is a 5 minute effort port job from a console.

AdamI

Mar 16, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
If the game is aiming for a campy vibe, it's utterly missing the mark. But like I said, bad acting aside, if you enjoy sandbox games, you'll more than likely have fun with The Saboteur.
I don't follow - campy/cheesy and violence has a long history. Starwars, Raiders of the Lost Ark (highly pertinent here) to name two really obvious examples, any number of WWII movies from 1940 to 1980 and beyond, millions of pulp-fiction paper-backs...

The spoiler you mention is hugely campy, ALSO violent.

Maybe the script doesn't translate well to American English? From this side of the Atlantic, the script and story seem like a highly traditional, highly entertaining continuation of campy/cheesy action/subterfuge movies and novels (and now games).

I'm flabbergasted given the archness of the script, that a person could believe it to be delivered in earnest. As I say, perhaps it's simply a transatlantic thing.

Spider Expert

Mar 6, 2009
Controls are fine on PC and as for the voice acting? What the? it was fine.

Can't be bothered reading the actual review chances are it's just as retarded.

matumba

Nov 1, 2007
Stealth kill neck breaking? Throwing Nazis out of 20 story guard towers? Yes please! Simple man I am I've been enjoying the hell out of this game so far. The only problem I've encountered is that I can't seem to get any missions done due to the fact that, like a moth to the flame, I am compelled to stop every time I see something blow up-able and do just that. This however usually results in my running from the Nazis into a new area surrounded by more things to blow up. I don't care that Sean is a spuds and Guinness stage-Irish stereotype he's badass and looks damn good in his scallycap.

AdamI

Mar 16, 2009
matumba said:
I can't seem to get any missions done due to the fact that, like a moth to the flame, I am compelled to stop every time I see something blow up-able and do just that.
Yeah, this.

Blowing stuff up rather than mission completion (and there are some really, really fun/stupid missions) just isn't getting old.

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
game looks decent.. but the shooting looks awkward...
or did you just capture some epic fails?