Review: Trauma Team

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Trauma Team

Enjoy the opportunity to show off your medical brilliance. Cane and cranky attitude optional.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I do believe that, from a gameplay standpoint, I'm cut out for the mostly tension free world of diagnostics and forensics.

Sounds good, and forgiving. I was scared off by the past games.

OHHH!

Does the game bring back GUILT?

Also, is the video supposed to be embedded twice?

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
TRAUMA TEAM IS OUT!?

O.O

OH MY GOD.

Erm... yeah. Not a Trauma Center fanboy. NEVER. But now I know what I'm doing after school... learning exactly why I should never be trusted with someone's life :D

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
I do believe that, from a gameplay standpoint, I'm cut out for the mostly tension free world of diagnostics and forensics.

OHHH!

Yep, once on each page. As for the plot...I'm just gonna let you find out on your own.

It is far more forgiving than previous iterations, and in my opinion, therefore far more enjoyable. It's much harder to flat-out fail than it used to be, but it's still quite challenging to get those S ratings. A very nice balance.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

OHHH!

Yep, once on each page. As for the plot...I'm just gonna let you find out on your own.

It is far more forgiving than previous iterations, and in my opinion, therefore far more enjoyable. It's much harder to flat-out fail than it used to be, but it's still quite challenging to get those S ratings. A very nice balance.
I'm not the kind of person to go for stuff like S ratings...Surely the 6 characters will keep me entertained long enough, no? But I'll see about picking this up in a few weeks. When I'm done with Monster Hunter Tri. :)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

OHHH!

I'm not the kind of person to go for stuff like S ratings...Surely the 6 characters will keep me entertained long enough, no? But I'll see about picking this up in a few weeks. When I'm done with Monster Hunter Tri. :)
Me personally, I say the game is worth it just for the diagnostics, forensics, and emergency med. The other three are just gravy.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ive really looked forward to this so im certainly looking forward to playing it myself...

Its nice to see it been a little different from the norm in terms of the other games in the series

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
You know, that sort of medical variety, with the usual Trauma Center difficulty, would be exactly the right reason to revive my Wii...

but then again, playing Wii Trauma games are like trying to snipe whilst drunk, high on anphetamines and with severe heart conditions (another way of saying wonky as fuck), so if there's no implementation of the Wii motion plus, or if it doesn't have a DS counterpart, I'm gonna give this one a solid miss.

Embz

Pony Wrangler
Mar 17, 2010
OMG i cant wait!! I love trauma team :)
Being restricted by the bf tho, not allowed to play it till after exams :'( roll on May 24th

FinalIrony

Mar 3, 2010
I've been a fan of the series on the DS, but not too sure about the Wii's motion control coupled with Trauma Center's unforgiving difficulty and resulting depression for failing to save another life (again)... Definitely going to pick this up when they add the playable Gynecologist tho! Cross those fingers.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Yahtzee would love this game. Everyone spam him until he reviews it. That always works right?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
FinalIrony said:
I've been a fan of the series on the DS, but not too sure about the Wii's motion control coupled with Trauma Center's unforgiving difficulty and resulting depression for failing to save another life (again)... Definitely going to pick this up when they add the playable Gynecologist tho! Cross those fingers.
An understandable concern, but trust me, it won't be a problem in this instance. Even without the Motion Plus, the controls still work perfectly, and are forgiving enough so that you don't have to be 100% exact. You can be a bit shaky and still succeed.

If the precision of the control is your sole reason to not try the game, definitely reconsider. It's just not a factor this time around.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
FAN GIRL SCREAM!

Yeah, I loved the newest DS version. This game is gonna be so amazingly amazing.... especially if it got easier because god only knows that the ds version was damn hard. I'm not sure why I love such bizarre games but there you go ;)

jokulhaups

Aug 13, 2008
This actually sounds like a really interesting game with all the modes of play available, almost enough to make me wish I had a Wii.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I really enjoyed the previous Wii iterations, and I am a LITTLE concerned about the pulling back of the difficulty. I realize that this is just a game, but a surgery SHOULD be rather difficult and not have a large margin of error. It gives you more of a sense of accomplishment. You should really "learn" what to use on various thing as opposed to being blatantly told every time what tool to use. Still, the game does look fun and it's already in my gamefly queue. Just wish I didn't have to still wait nearly a month to do so...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I actually had my mind made up that i wouldnt like this game before i watched the video, i may have been wrong it looks fun.

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
Forgive me if it is stated, but is the newest game out on DS?
It's mentioned that other TT games have been on DS, but the video's totally on the Wii.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
ChaosDemon said:
Forgive me if it is stated, but is the newest game out on DS?
It's mentioned that other TT games have been on DS, but the video's totally on the Wii.
Other Trauma games have been on the DS, yes, but Trauma Team is for the Wii.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like an absolutely ace game. Might even convince me to dust off my Wii and give it a go.

ayashi

Mar 29, 2010
Really excited to give this a shot! I've loved all of the Trauma Center games I've played so far and I doubt this will be much different :)

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
yourbeliefs said:
I really enjoyed the previous Wii iterations, and I am a LITTLE concerned about the pulling back of the difficulty. I realize that this is just a game, but a surgery SHOULD be rather difficult and not have a large margin of error. It gives you more of a sense of accomplishment. You should really "learn" what to use on various thing as opposed to being blatantly told every time what tool to use. Still, the game does look fun and it's already in my gamefly queue.
Pretty much exactly what he said (except I don't have gamefly).

It always felt like an accomplishment to succeed in each mission, and it's more realistic to be more precise... But alas, everything is trying to more mainstream these days eh?

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
How do you top the masked super-hero joke?

Well... since he's apparently calling himself "Captain Eagle", all you really have to do is make a "Falcon punch" joke.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
Trauma centre for the DS was ridiculous. You had to operate on 5 patients in 8 minutes at one point and the only way I passed was to get deunk in a bar and then try it....which when you think about it is just about the most accurate depiction of surgery ever. This could be awesome though too

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

OHHH!

and is the crazy story a plus or is it just weird and misplaced.

Me personally, I say the game is worth it just for the diagnostics, forensics, and emergency med. The other three are just gravy.

Diddy_King

Jul 9, 2009
Probably going to pick this up, main reason being it's an Atlus Game. I have been on a real Atlus binge lately. Looks cool though, may actually get around to opening it eventually to play :p. After I finish Persona 3, 2, and 1, Digital Devil Saga 1+2, Devil Summoner 1+2 and the 4 or 5 Atlus games I got for DS :p.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
What surprises (and horrifies) me is that there seems to be such a dedicated following to this.

I'll pass.

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
I couldn't get the video to load :( probably my connection.

This sounds like a glorified game of Operation ^_^ lol

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I actually like this series and I think it's one of the VERY few Wii games which feels... decent. Great use of a Wii remote, interesting gameplay, lots of variety and a plot.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ok, I could only watch the first 46 seconds of the video before I got bored. I can find games like this online for free.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I find this game intriguing if I had a wii or a DS I would buy it simply for a break from my normal FPS, RPG super due tag team.
Guns and shooting stuff is great but fixing the people you just shot? fun time fun times.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Really? No one has said it yet? Okay, allow me:

"Doctor! My sister has Cancer.... ZOMBIE CANCER!"
*Ahh YAYEA!!!"

*pew pew pew*

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
The Escapist got an early copy? That's pretty cool. THis game doesn't come out until Mid May

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Looks as good as the rest, maybe a bit better. Still has the guy who looks like Spike Spiegel, huh? Talk about a sticky character image. And if you mess up on a super surgery do you have the option of skipping a week of work because you are having some inconsolable moments of self-doubt after a traumatic event?

qazmatoz

Sep 17, 2009
This review got my hopes so high to go pick it up today, seeing as The Escapist is usually a little late with their reviews.

Then I found out it's not out for three weeks. MY SOUL IS CRUSHED.

Sirenskye

Nov 9, 2009
Loved the video, the ending absolutely cracked me up and gave my day much needed butterflies.

Unfortunately it appears that I'm going to have to wait another four months to find out why the butterflies are there... Stupid European release dates.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I only watched the vidya (who can be arsed to read now a days) but what cheesy old school violence censorship through words ever used spang? that doesn't even sound like someone getting punched.

Looks interesting if I ever break down, lose my gamer dignity, my soul, and every system and computer in the house breaks simultaneously I'll get a Wii and check this out.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Whaaaat?! All the hard parts of trauma center is what made the game fun! What's the point if you no longer have to remember how to do things?.. gah! -,-;

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
snowfox said:
Whaaaat?! All the hard parts of trauma center is what made the game fun! What's the point if you no longer have to remember how to do things?.. gah! -,-;
Remembering how to do things was fine, trying to juggle four of those things while keeping up with shifty controls was not that much fun.

So many levels ended up being about shoothing up a guy with magic life juice until you had him healthy enough to try to actually do something useful. I'm fine with a more Phoenix Wright-y approach to the genre.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Noelveiga said:
snowfox said:
Remembering how to do things was fine, trying to juggle four of those things while keeping up with shifty controls was not that much fun.

So many levels ended up being about shoothing up a guy with magic life juice until you had him healthy enough to try to actually do something useful. I'm fine with a more Phoenix Wright-y approach to the genre.
To each their own I guess.

Tribuner

Mar 18, 2010
she did a good revew and she don't need to jock about it i mean come on just look at it, it is a jock right......but it duse look like fun

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Now if they could take a game like this and mix it with say Peter Molynoux's classic Theme Hospital for a little combo of hands on and hands off action...

EddySpaghetti

Feb 13, 2010
Blue-State said:
Yahtzee would love this game. Everyone spam him until he reviews it. That always works right?
Hahahhahahaha yeah dude ure the only one that made me lol in these coments....i mean dude...what's up with ppl liking this [email protected][email protected]
Idk bout u ppl but i reeeeeaaaaaaly hate beeng in a hospital....i mean...wen i'm in a hospital is cose i fel of my Suzuki GSXR trying to do wheelies or going to fast...and that translates in to ALOT of pain....so seeng tis game (even if the revew was funny and well ehm WELL made by a sexy voice)is like ...a bit wierd....unless they are studiing to become doctors...witch wood make sense...but not realy...cose of the cartoonish desighn of the game...
WOW i typed in alot of stuff...
P.S. excuse my bad typing i'm Italiano