Review: Trauma Team

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Trauma Team

Enjoy the opportunity to show off your medical brilliance. Cane and cranky attitude optional.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I do believe that, from a gameplay standpoint, I'm cut out for the mostly tension free world of diagnostics and forensics.

Sounds good, and forgiving. I was scared off by the past games.

OHHH!

Does the game bring back GUILT?

Also, is the video supposed to be embedded twice?

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
TRAUMA TEAM IS OUT!?

O.O

OH MY GOD.

Erm... yeah. Not a Trauma Center fanboy. NEVER. But now I know what I'm doing after school... learning exactly why I should never be trusted with someone's life :D

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
I do believe that, from a gameplay standpoint, I'm cut out for the mostly tension free world of diagnostics and forensics.

OHHH!

Yep, once on each page. As for the plot...I'm just gonna let you find out on your own.

It is far more forgiving than previous iterations, and in my opinion, therefore far more enjoyable. It's much harder to flat-out fail than it used to be, but it's still quite challenging to get those S ratings. A very nice balance.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

OHHH!

Yep, once on each page. As for the plot...I'm just gonna let you find out on your own.

It is far more forgiving than previous iterations, and in my opinion, therefore far more enjoyable. It's much harder to flat-out fail than it used to be, but it's still quite challenging to get those S ratings. A very nice balance.
I'm not the kind of person to go for stuff like S ratings...Surely the 6 characters will keep me entertained long enough, no? But I'll see about picking this up in a few weeks. When I'm done with Monster Hunter Tri. :)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

OHHH!

I'm not the kind of person to go for stuff like S ratings...Surely the 6 characters will keep me entertained long enough, no? But I'll see about picking this up in a few weeks. When I'm done with Monster Hunter Tri. :)
Me personally, I say the game is worth it just for the diagnostics, forensics, and emergency med. The other three are just gravy.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ive really looked forward to this so im certainly looking forward to playing it myself...

Its nice to see it been a little different from the norm in terms of the other games in the series

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
You know, that sort of medical variety, with the usual Trauma Center difficulty, would be exactly the right reason to revive my Wii...

but then again, playing Wii Trauma games are like trying to snipe whilst drunk, high on anphetamines and with severe heart conditions (another way of saying wonky as fuck), so if there's no implementation of the Wii motion plus, or if it doesn't have a DS counterpart, I'm gonna give this one a solid miss.

Embz

Pony Wrangler
Mar 17, 2010
OMG i cant wait!! I love trauma team :)
Being restricted by the bf tho, not allowed to play it till after exams :'( roll on May 24th

FinalIrony

Mar 3, 2010
I've been a fan of the series on the DS, but not too sure about the Wii's motion control coupled with Trauma Center's unforgiving difficulty and resulting depression for failing to save another life (again)... Definitely going to pick this up when they add the playable Gynecologist tho! Cross those fingers.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
FinalIrony said:
I've been a fan of the series on the DS, but not too sure about the Wii's motion control coupled with Trauma Center's unforgiving difficulty and resulting depression for failing to save another life (again)... Definitely going to pick this up when they add the playable Gynecologist tho! Cross those fingers.
An understandable concern, but trust me, it won't be a problem in this instance. Even without the Motion Plus, the controls still work perfectly, and are forgiving enough so that you don't have to be 100% exact. You can be a bit shaky and still succeed.

If the precision of the control is your sole reason to not try the game, definitely reconsider. It's just not a factor this time around.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
FAN GIRL SCREAM!

Yeah, I loved the newest DS version. This game is gonna be so amazingly amazing.... especially if it got easier because god only knows that the ds version was damn hard. I'm not sure why I love such bizarre games but there you go ;)

jokulhaups

Aug 13, 2008
This actually sounds like a really interesting game with all the modes of play available, almost enough to make me wish I had a Wii.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I really enjoyed the previous Wii iterations, and I am a LITTLE concerned about the pulling back of the difficulty. I realize that this is just a game, but a surgery SHOULD be rather difficult and not have a large margin of error. It gives you more of a sense of accomplishment. You should really "learn" what to use on various thing as opposed to being blatantly told every time what tool to use. Still, the game does look fun and it's already in my gamefly queue. Just wish I didn't have to still wait nearly a month to do so...

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I actually had my mind made up that i wouldnt like this game before i watched the video, i may have been wrong it looks fun.