Review: Trauma Team

ChaosDemon

Oct 29, 2009
Forgive me if it is stated, but is the newest game out on DS?
It's mentioned that other TT games have been on DS, but the video's totally on the Wii.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
ChaosDemon said:
Forgive me if it is stated, but is the newest game out on DS?
It's mentioned that other TT games have been on DS, but the video's totally on the Wii.
Other Trauma games have been on the DS, yes, but Trauma Team is for the Wii.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like an absolutely ace game. Might even convince me to dust off my Wii and give it a go.

ayashi

Mar 29, 2010
Really excited to give this a shot! I've loved all of the Trauma Center games I've played so far and I doubt this will be much different :)

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
yourbeliefs said:
I really enjoyed the previous Wii iterations, and I am a LITTLE concerned about the pulling back of the difficulty. I realize that this is just a game, but a surgery SHOULD be rather difficult and not have a large margin of error. It gives you more of a sense of accomplishment. You should really "learn" what to use on various thing as opposed to being blatantly told every time what tool to use. Still, the game does look fun and it's already in my gamefly queue.
Pretty much exactly what he said (except I don't have gamefly).

It always felt like an accomplishment to succeed in each mission, and it's more realistic to be more precise... But alas, everything is trying to more mainstream these days eh?

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
How do you top the masked super-hero joke?

Well... since he's apparently calling himself "Captain Eagle", all you really have to do is make a "Falcon punch" joke.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
Trauma centre for the DS was ridiculous. You had to operate on 5 patients in 8 minutes at one point and the only way I passed was to get deunk in a bar and then try it....which when you think about it is just about the most accurate depiction of surgery ever. This could be awesome though too

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Susan Arendt said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I do believe that, from a gameplay standpoint, I'm cut out for the mostly tension free world of diagnostics and forensics.

Sounds good, and forgiving. I was scared off by the past games.

OHHH!

Does the game bring back GUILT?

Also, is the video supposed to be embedded twice?
Yep, once on each page. As for the plot...I'm just gonna let you find out on your own.

It is far more forgiving than previous iterations, and in my opinion, therefore far more enjoyable. It's much harder to flat-out fail than it used to be, but it's still quite challenging to get those S ratings. A very nice balance.
I'm not the kind of person to go for stuff like S ratings...Surely the 6 characters will keep me entertained long enough, no? But I'll see about picking this up in a few weeks. When I'm done with Monster Hunter Tri. :)
and is the crazy story a plus or is it just weird and misplaced.

Me personally, I say the game is worth it just for the diagnostics, forensics, and emergency med. The other three are just gravy.

Diddy_King

Jul 9, 2009
Probably going to pick this up, main reason being it's an Atlus Game. I have been on a real Atlus binge lately. Looks cool though, may actually get around to opening it eventually to play :p. After I finish Persona 3, 2, and 1, Digital Devil Saga 1+2, Devil Summoner 1+2 and the 4 or 5 Atlus games I got for DS :p.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
What surprises (and horrifies) me is that there seems to be such a dedicated following to this.

I'll pass.

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
I couldn't get the video to load :( probably my connection.

This sounds like a glorified game of Operation ^_^ lol

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ok, I could only watch the first 46 seconds of the video before I got bored. I can find games like this online for free.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
I find this game intriguing if I had a wii or a DS I would buy it simply for a break from my normal FPS, RPG super due tag team.
Guns and shooting stuff is great but fixing the people you just shot? fun time fun times.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
Really? No one has said it yet? Okay, allow me:

"Doctor! My sister has Cancer.... ZOMBIE CANCER!"
*Ahh YAYEA!!!"

*pew pew pew*

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
The Escapist got an early copy? That's pretty cool. THis game doesn't come out until Mid May