Review: Worms 2: Armageddon

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
Would someone mind telling me what the "Buffalo of Lies" does? I don't recall playing a worms game with that particular weapon.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
It's really fun like the review says. I've been going through the campaign and it's a blast. At least when I mess up it's fun to watch.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Undead Dragon King said:
How many summer days did I spend playing Worms with my friends on the Dreamcast? I have no idea. Many perfectly good days.

Susan, my only question is this: is the granny bomb still around?
Hmmm, I don't think so. Or if it is, I haven't come across it yet.
Its just called "Old Woman" if that helps.

Absolutly loved Worms Armageddon back in the day, this seems to be improved graphics with the DS versions (Open Warefare 2) coin system of buying hats/other various cosmetic upgrades. As much as I love Worms, dont think its worth me getting a 360 for :p

(Plus I wouldnt be able to play Shoppa on it)
Clemenstation said:
Since I could never get Armageddon to run on Win XP, this is a release I've been anticipating for a long time.
There is a patch made, not from Team 17, that everyone uses for Armageddon now, and its been updated since after the 3d versions with afew minor tweaks. Works perfectly on XP with this if your actually interested :p

4ed

Jul 8, 2009
I've downloaded this and it's brilliant. Great single player and a multliplayer with an infinite number of hours playtime. However, I wish it included more of the features from the original Worms Armageddon. All the modern renditions of the game seem to fall short of that games excellence. Come on Team17, give us some DLC!

forgetfulencinda

May 20, 2009
sirbryghtside said:
2D worms is much better than 3D - think about it - all franchises become automatically worse when they go 3D!
Counterpoint - Mario 64

Funny review for what is probrably going to be a funny game. Though for my own voice related question, do they still have the gangster voice? "Make your move before the ghetto eats you alive."

Laura.

May 30, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Oh god..
I remember this game. I loved it so.
It was the first PC game I'd ever played, I think.
It was the first game I played on my own PC :3
This and GTA2.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
4ed said:
I've downloaded this and it's brilliant. Great single player and a multliplayer with an infinite number of hours playtime. However, I wish it included more of the features from the original Worms Armageddon. All the modern renditions of the game seem to fall short of that games excellence. Come on Team17, give us some DLC!
Oh, the DLC's a-coming, of that you can be sure. :)

And no Old Woman, sorry. :(

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I have a question about the Worms AI; I used to play the PS1 version, and the AI sound never utilize certain weapon options, such as Ninja Rope. I got so good at traveling (like a squishy deadly Tarzan) that the AI was never a threat to me. I would have all AIs ramped up to max, and they were still sadly undermatched simply because I would use these options (Ninja Rope).

Example; Two worms seperated underground by a spire, with an opening up top. The AI would try to SHOTGUN its way through rather than use a Blowtorch, or use a ninja rope to get to the top of the spire and then shotgun me. Me? Ninja Rope where I want, and dispatch as I please.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
This version is exactly what I was hoping for with the original Worms game on Live Arcade.
Already messed around with multiplayer and some friends, just the way Worms should be played.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Accurate review. Man Worms was so awesome back in the day. Luckily for me, I ponwed with that ninja rope. =D

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Pifff... I never used the ninja rope as you speak of it. My mastery of physics let me reign down the wrath of ST. Attila wherever mine enemies lay.

3D wasn't that bad.

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Review: Worms 2: Armageddon

Cry, "Havoc!" and let slip the worms of war!

Read Full Article
Bull of Lies? I never saw that one :(
Love the concrete donkey though!

I remember crowding around my mates 186 and loading the first Worms up through DOS to play hot-seat with a couple of other mates haha.
Good times ^_^

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
This game is awesome.

The weapons are hilarious, even when you blow yourself to bits with them. My friend miscalculated a grenade toss, which blew his entire team into the water. He eliminated his entire team in one turn without damaging the enemy at all.

In most games that would be a source of rage, but in Worms you just laugh.

Jinoru

Jun 30, 2009
Gimme a PC version and I will be a happy camper. but now I'm kinda disappointed.

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
I remember playing the original worms with my best friends back in the day, and Worms 2 on the PS2, such an awesome game i have always loved and have always held a special place in my heart.. thank you Susan.. thank you so much.

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
Hamster at Dawn said:
Would someone mind telling me what the "Buffalo of Lies" does? I don't recall playing a worms game with that particular weapon.
Basically it's like an exploding sheep that doesnt bounce and explodes whenever it comes into contact with something, but a new one appears immediatly after the first blows up and runs forward again to do more exploding. It's very effective for killing an enemy that you would normally have to use the blowtorch to get to, or for those rare flat areas where it can plow though multiple worms.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
hypothetical fact said:
DogofRaw said:
Worms = god of party games.

Thank god its not 3d anymore, It worked perfectly in two dimensions. You gotta love the soulman voice. 'youss a traitor man'
They have got to get rid of that voice; I swear I will scream into the headset if I hear a worm say " It's a beautiful thing." one more time.
What? No. The Soul Man voice rules. Not quite so much as Angry Scot, but really.