Review: Worms 2: Armageddon

itdoesntmatter

Dec 11, 2008
Nice review, and for a great game too :)

To those who are complaining about not being able to play on PC anymore - If you have one of the older versions installed and it won't run on your OS, simply open the properties of the game .exe and change the compatibility to run under a previous OS.
You can go as far back as Windows 95...You can even play the original Worms game ;)

Oh and Susan..You really should release books on tape with that voice :)

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Only one thing here matters to me: Do they still have the awesome intro clip, featuring the maiming of Boggy B and co?

Cubilone

Jan 14, 2009
A common misconception is that this is Worms 2. In fact, it isn't! (unfortunately)

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
only time I ever played was a 3 player ffa. the other two eliminated most of my army and then proceeded to kill each other...the one thing they had miscalculated was that they were both in the same hole, far away from me...so I won by throwing a donkey at them XD
shall I count to 3 before throwing the holy hand grenade?
;P

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
This is AWESOME. I can't wait for the PC version...maybe even on steam :) Great Review as always, and I have to thank you for putting in the Holy Hand Granade sound. That made my day

LimeJester

Mar 16, 2009
Firia said:
PS: Will there be a PS3 version? :)
Was thinking this myself actually. I had THOUGHT a while ago I heard of something, but upon searching today I can't find anything on it. Sigh just another reason to buy a 360 now. School or 360, it's a difficult choice.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Shinoki said:
Firia said:
PS: Will there be a PS3 version? :)
Was thinking this myself actually. I had THOUGHT a while ago I heard of something, but upon searching today I can't find anything on it. Sigh just another reason to buy a 360 now. School or 360, it's a difficult choice.
Don't do it man! Those things are held together with pinecones and masking tape! If they'd just upgrade to duct tape, it'd be a quality product. Just have patience for the inevitable release of Armageddon. :) It took Team 17 a few months for them to release their HD version of Worms on PSN. So maybe there's a delay here too.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
Shame I don't have an Xbox, or at least a friend who has an Xbox who's not too lazy to download things off Xbox Live Arcade. There was word of a Worms game coming to PS3 but I don't know if that ever happened...

Your lack of frustration in your tone adds to people's good opinion of the game, Susan, keep it up!

teknoarcanist

Jun 9, 2008
I cannot possibly explain to you the amount of time I spent playing "Worms: Armageddon" on PS1 with friends, cousins, little siblings, etc. That game was the 'thing to do' at Christmas before Halo existed.

Aaah man.

good times.

GrandAdmiral

Jul 18, 2009
(crawls in)
(puts down lit stick of dynamite)
Heh heh heh... TAKE COVER!!!
(crawls out)

Grand Admiral

Taneer

Sep 1, 2008
Angry Scots FTW.

I've used that speechbank since the first Worms game I played, and it's still my favourite.

"PANTS!"