Reviews: LittleBigPlanet Video Review

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Great review. LittleBigPlanet looks like a lot of fun. Makes me wish I had a PS3 :/ My dad has one though - I'll at least rent it sometime.

sprout

Feb 14, 2006
Susan was kind enough to let me poke at this game for a bit yesterday and after just twenty minutes I now want to acquire both the game and the console. This is actually saying quite a lot since I don't play videogames... ever.

Also, I /desperately/ want a Sack Boy plushie. Sony is definitely missing a market there. I mean, good lord can you get any cuter than this?

http://www.pspsps.tv/2008/02/real_life_knitted_sackboy_prov.html

I think not.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
I was playing this a little bit today actually, it seemed a tad clunky to me, but I only played it for about five minutes. It just didn't hold my attention.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
TheGhostOfSin said:
I was playing this a little bit today actually, it seemed a tad clunky to me, but I only played it for about five minutes. It just didn't hold my attention.
I'm hoping for a few people to not like it so I can pick it up cheaply. But I'm hoping more that it's been niggling at your mind and your now playing it because I want it to be good.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
I love this game, I really do...

But I just rode a Penisaurus. Seriously, I know people saw this coming, and out of all the levels I've been playing there was bound to be something, but... damn it, I actually thought LBP had escaped this.

(I actually pissed myself laughing and rode the thing for like half an hour with a friend, trying to check each other off it, but still. I can pretend to care.)

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Kratos Plushie.
Okay, just noticed this.

I will kill someone to get that thing. Or do anything. Anything.

Kidding, but not really.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
This game is awesome and addictive. I find myself looking for badly crafted levels just to prove that I can beat the level designer.

Once you get over the learning curve for jump timing its excellent.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
TheBadass said:
I love this game, I really do...

But I just rode a Penisaurus. Seriously, I know people saw this coming, and out of all the levels I've been playing there was bound to be something, but... damn it, I actually thought LBP had escaped this.

(I actually pissed myself laughing and rode the thing for like half an hour with a friend, trying to check each other off it, but still. I can pretend to care.)
I'm not going to edit your post so others will see i've taken it out of context.

"You rode a Penisaurus for like half an hour with your friend"

Hilarious. I so want to be able to afford this game.

TheGhostOfSin

May 21, 2008
MrGFunk said:
TheGhostOfSin said:
I'm hoping for a few people to not like it so I can pick it up cheaply. But I'm hoping more that it's been niggling at your mind and your now playing it because I want it to be good.
I never said I didn't like it, it just doesn't feel right.
I would play it more but I don't have a copy, or even a PS3.
I played it at work, we had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered today so all the staff kept taking breaks XD

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
TheGhostOfSin said:
MrGFunk said:
TheGhostOfSin said:
I never said I didn't like it, it just doesn't feel right.
I would play it more but I don't have a copy, or even a PS3.
I played it at work, we had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered today so all the staff kept taking breaks XD
Apologies, dude, I assumed.

Totally jealous. You had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered to your work today. I had no games delivered to my work. None.

How were the others, is that off topic?

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
sprout said:
Also, I /desperately/ want a Sack Boy plushie. Sony is definitely missing a market there. I mean, good lord can you get any cuter than this?

http://www.pspsps.tv/2008/02/real_life_knitted_sackboy_prov.html

I think not.
Near as I can tell thats a preorder bonus. I think I managed to get a Kratos Plushie.
Actually, I think thats a kratos in-game costume, not a plushie. I'm getting that one to - my pre-order is with EB games (australia).

TheGhostOfSin

May 21, 2008
MrGFunk said:
Totally jealous. You had GeOW 2, Resistance 2 and LBP delivered to your work today. I had no games delivered to my work. None.

How were the others, is that off topic?
Very off topic but just for fun

GeOW 2 Same old, same old.
Resistance 2 Epicness TO THE MAX!

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
TheGhostOfSin said:
GeOW 2 Same old, same old.
Resistance 2 Epicness TO THE MAX!
GeoW 2: I liked the first but never got to really get into it, due to no 360. It'll all be frsh for me this time, so sounds good.
Resistance 2: It's weird, but I think this is my most hyped game. Probably because Resistance was my first shooter, but co-op looks amazing.

Edit: Go play the LBP Sky Pirates level, right now. It's my favourite so far, and I love the boss fight.