Reviews: LittleBigPlanet Video Review

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
The Kratos is an in-game costume for your Sackboy. Sorry, folks. No plushies as of yet.
How do you unlock it? I got my pre-order from EB, but cant see it in my costumes. is there a code? or have they given me the wrong copy? I'll give em a call.

also in response to the review, I see what you mean about the sluggish controls. I've walked off of heaps of ledges because Sackboy hasn't got his footing right in order to jump. maybe they'll patch this a bit? if not we'll just grow accustomed.

also, does anyone else Down Under find online play REALLY laggy?

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
Chaosthief said:
But something else even better about the game she missed was that Stephen Fry does the voice acting which is only icing to the cake, but none the less.
I thought I recognised that voice, I was leaning towards Attenborough. my comedian recognising gland must be getting rusty

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
LittleBigPlanet is inspiring. Really, it is!

Case in point; my levels currently run on a theme of Unbeatable Banzuke; I make assault courses, and try to make them devilishly hard.

It's not original. I've seen Mirror's Edge levels, Ninja Warrior levels, Gladiator Levels... but the last one caught my imagination. The guy had made an obstacle by using a block of styrofoam where you jump up, grab it, then swing forward and release R1 to move forward a tiny bit before grabbing the block again.

This gave me the idea of using a similar mechanic, and inspired me to try and do an entire level where your feet can't touch the floor! A true Banzuke challenge!

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
The game is excellent, the single player is good, but that's just there to give you some ideas for level building.
Some of the levels to come out of the coummunity already are amazing, there's where the game really shines. Surely GOTY?

vondy

Aug 24, 2007
Booooring voice
They should have made it for the 360, its got a much bigger, wider and better online community and it has so many more players too. plus more people have the 360 cos it is a more affordable console.
But i guess the black monstrosity of the PS3 has better graphics, but thats all that is seen in the brainless gamers of today.
Dont get me wrong, i love LittleBigPlanet, its adorable and creative but it was a huge mistake to make it for Sony rather then the larger masses of the xbox community

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
its good for sony though, finally rewarding PS3ers with a decent game. gonna really push sony's sales too

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
I'm also hip-deep in this game, and it's wonderful. I'm still learning a bit about how to properly navigate the menus (mostly when it comes to feedback), but it's pure whimsical fun.

I even got my copy used...who the heck sells this game after a week?
/rhetorical; I don't care, I got mine.

noodleboy

Nov 24, 2008
Yo man i was bout to get this game. Like i was in the shop holding it in my hands. I was with some friends and they all said i was stupid for getting such a crap, kiddy game lol.. i put it back LOL. hahaha ..awell.. Is it a goodgame?

SonofSeth

Dec 16, 2007
First, some people will just not like the cutesy adorable sackplanet art style, there's no going around that.

Second, controls really do fly all over the place until you get used to it and then it all sits in it's place and you can appreciate the detail and depth of jumping mechanic alone.

As for everything else, I don't know, I just never had so much fun in a game, playing with others. Maybe waaay back when on the SNES when everyone would come to my place and we would all play with that one controller...

I played it with friends of 20 years and my little cousin of 6, it was just fun, with emotes and the dancing and arms flailing and slapping everyone around and making a sad face and begging for forgiveness...

I can tell you one more thing, you don't ever have to make a level, EVER! There is just no chance you run out of content, brilliant content, retarded content, penis content, hard, easy, stupid...

But getting couple of friends next to you on the sofa, or even over the PSN and just messing around in the creator area and trying out crazy shit you got exploring other peoples levels, it's just priceless, if you have tequilla too, I can guarantee you will have to try really hard to remember the last time when you were laughing so hard.

OK, maybe I am LittleBigHigh on LittleBigPlanet right now, but I'm telling you, if all those gameplay videos on the Tube looked even remotely fun to you, this game will bring you hours and hours of fun, and then even more hours with someone beside you.

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
It's amazing that a game which basicaly is a giant online level editor aparantly kicks the ass of about 99% of the games on the market today.
Not that there's anything wrong about that, just I didn't see it coming, really.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
this game as a concept is good but trying to find a second player to help unlock goodies is hard enough trying to find 3or 4 is way too much ,i can't even give it away so i use it for a coaster what a waste of time and money