Reviews: Super Mario 3D World Review

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I really enjoyed your review.

It made points and discussed the points as open-mindedly as possible. I like to know why a reviewer has an opinion.

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Moviebob...please, for the love of god...DO MORE VIDEO GAME REVIEWS!

Seriously, I know you have your reasons for not doing video game reviews, but this review kind of rocked!

themilo504

May 9, 2010
This game looks like super Mario 3d land but for the wii u and I thought 3d land was kind of oke as far as 3d Mario platformers go, I especially disliked that instead of a health bar we get mushrooms.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
If I had a Wii U, I'd be all over this. I don't care for nostalgia, nor do I play Mario to have my mind blown. This just looks like a fun, enjoyable romp with the Mario characters.

Also, I don't care if Bowser is still the villain.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
Weird. Review by MovieBob a long time Nintendo fan and it's the one review who gave worst pontuaction to the game so far, which averages a 9.5/10
Even GameSpot gave 9! GameSpot, the anti Nintendo site.

I almost conclude that you tried so hard to be impartial and not to show your Nintendo bias that you went the other way by giving less instead of more appraise it deserved. Not that 4/5 is bad. But it's bad for fricking Mario.
I wonder if it partly has to do with the artistic theme they've had going since 2006 with NSMB, and you could go just a bit further back with the theme taking shape in SMS. Considering the many visual changes the series took in 5 years between 1985 and 1990, and then essentially have none compared to the last five years, SM3DW could have been an opportunity to bring a much-needed change to the artistic style.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Is this Bob's first Escapist review? It's interesting seeing them bring more of their content creators into their reviews business.

OT: Good review all around. If I had a Wii U I'd pick this up for sure. Catsuit looks fun and I've been itching to play Peach in a platformer again for awhile. Mario 2's still one of my favorite Mario games.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Barbas said:
That game looks like more fun than a barrel full of pygmy owls.
Am I a bad person for wanting to see how you have "fun" with a barrel full of pygmy owls? 'Cuz I wanna record that.

Bob does a video game review, huh? And of a Nintendo game, no doubt. Still, all things aside, pretty decent review.

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
After playing the new rayman games, I am bored with the new mario games artistic design and am slightly disappointed they didn't try to make it a little more fresh.

This is a great review. I love that you got to do a videogame review and video review. There are few (if any) people I would trust more on a mario review than MovieBob. Great job.

MaximumTheHormone

Jan 28, 2012
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
Weird. Review by MovieBob a long time Nintendo fan and it's the one review who gave worst pontuaction to the game so far, which averages a 9.5/10
Even GameSpot gave 9! GameSpot, the anti Nintendo site.

I almost conclude that you tried so hard to be impartial and not to show your Nintendo bias that you went the other way by giving less instead of more appraise it deserved. Not that 4/5 is bad. But it's bad for fricking Mario.
I don't think metacritic scores are a viable measure at the moment seeing as over 1/4 of the 'review sites' so far have the name Nintendo in their titles.
Wait for a week, then the proper sites will give it a good thorough scrub down.
As for the review, surprisingly moderate from Bob. He glossed past his usual nostalgic preferences to give a very big picture perspective. kudos