Reviews: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Character Creation Preview

Dan O'Halloran

Feb 4, 2014
The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Character Creation Preview

Check out all the character design options for The Elder Scrolls Online.

Watch Video

PuckFuppet

Entroducing.
Jan 10, 2009
Not to take a jab or anything but wasn't this po... just looked at the video different thing.

The "costume" feature is actually really well implemented. I wasn't sure how I'd get a hold of the Emperor armour but it turns out its just one simple item, which I imagine is what most of those are.

In game you rarely see two people that look or wear anything alike, more patchwork quilt than WoW without looking so absurd (the art styles have a similar tone and overall colour palette that keeps them in sync).

LiMaSaRe

Mar 6, 2012
Unfortunately they crippled the competition between alliances by putting all of the best races in the Daggerfall Covenant.

Argonians are honorary daggerfallonians.

OT: Im glad that they ended up with a more realistic aesthetic.

Jhonie

Oct 24, 2011
LiMaSaRe said:
Unfortunately they crippled the competition between alliances by putting all of the best races in the Daggerfall Covenant.
Au contraire, Khajiit is best cat. And the dominion has the most beautiful areas (trees and flowers all ovah! Elsweyr, Valenwood and the Summerset Isles are easily the least grey areas in all of Tamriel if you ask me.), as well as, in my opinion, the funniest NPCs.
The second Aldmeri dominion, as in the one encountered in Skyrim, can, if you excuse my crudeness, piss right off, but this is the first dominion. And they're awesome.

Im really pumped for this game.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
I kept clicking ahead trying to skip to the Khajiit and Argonion part. Looking forward to bringing my Argonion character to this as I do in every ES game.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
Most of the females wear the common suicide armor I see. Perfect for the one who just yearns for a broken breastbone and a punctured heart and/or lung.

Nitpicking and that stuff aside. It looks very nice, looks very Elderscrollish, if that makes any sense.