Rick And Morty Co-Creator Is Making an eSports TV Show

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Rick And Morty Co-Creator Is Making an eSports TV Show

Dan Harmon, who was also behind Community, is making a TV show about a group of eSports players.

In the same day that Rick and Morty creator Justin Roliand released his new studio's first game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168650-Rick-and-Morty-VR-Studio-Squanchtendo-First-Game], the show's co-creator, Dan Harmon, has revealed his plans for a TV show about a group of eSports players.

Harmon, who also brought us Community, says that his new show (title pending) will be a six-episode half-hour scripted series on YouTube Red, that follows five eSports players as they rise up through the ranks. It will star Dan Avidan and Arin Hanson, whom many readers will know from the Game Grumps [https://www.youtube.com/user/GameGrumps] YouTube series.

It will co-star eStream host Michele Morrow and popular YouTube personality Jesse Cox. Check out their announcement of the show in the video above.

We don't have any more info on the show as of yet, so stay tuned!

Source: Variety [http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/youtube-red-shows-from-dwayne-johnson-dan-harmon-doug-liman-1201890833/]

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Man, they keep busy. I guess that makes sense. As long as they work on Rick and Morty they can do whatever they want.

I get it. Who wants to work on one thing? And Rick and Morty would be too depressing as a solo project.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Harmon, who also brought us Community, says that his new show (title pending) will be a six-episode half-hour scripted series on YouTube Red, that follows five eSports players as they rise up through the ranks. It will star Dan Avidan and Arin Hanson, whom many readers will know from the Game Grumps [https://www.youtube.com/user/GameGrumps] YouTube series.
This was a little vague but are Arin and Danny staring as eSport players or do they have another role?
Because Game Grumps are the LAST people I'd imagine being eSport players XD

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Fuck Youtube Red. Adult Swim is sitting right there. Adult Swim is like, such an unappreciated parent.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
So essentially a modern day Pure Pwnage. Except with that obnoxious fuck as one of the stars. Lovely.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Saelune said:
Fuck Youtube Red. Adult Swim is sitting right there. Adult Swim is like, such an unappreciated parent.
I mean, what's the point of it if you're running AdBlock?

What's more, there are so many different streaming services, they've become redundant.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Shadefyre said:
So essentially a modern day Pure Pwnage. Except with that obnoxious fuck as one of the stars. Lovely.
Such a happy little cloud you are.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Such an unnessesary show. It'll be 30 minutes of neckbearded manchildren screaming into their mic. With the GG narrating.

Saelune said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they pitched it to [AS] and they said they wanted 10 minutes of a random guy eating cereal with the POV from the bowl.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I was the least bit interested until I saw Dan Avidan and Arin Hanson, a giggling brainless manchild and a shrieking narcissist who believes that yelling into the mic is inherently funny respectively. Even if they have zero say in the writing I have doubts that either of them are physically capable of delivering a performance that isn't skin peelingly annoying to anyone over the age of 14.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
What a happy, merry bunch in these comments. Par for the course I guess.

Anyways GG did something similiar with the World of Warcraft special they did a while ago, which was kind of entertaining. Might give it a watch. Harmon is all over the place these days, with Great Minds and Harmonquest. I guess moving on from Community and onto Rick and Morty gave him a lot more freedom to pursue side projects and isn't in perpetual fear of having his show annually cancelled like he was with Community.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
jhoroz said:

Anyways GG did something similiar with the World of Warcraft special they did a while ago, which was kind of entertaining. Might give it a watch. Harmon is all over the place these days, with Great Minds and Harmonquest. I guess moving on from Community and onto Rick and Morty gave him a lot more freedom to pursue side projects and isn't in perpetual fear of having his show annually cancelled like he was with Community.
I liked the WoW stuff. If the show didn't revolve around esports I'd watch it.

And I still fear for R&M getting canned. Dunno how much pull Tim and Eric have at AS but as long as they're there I fear for any show on AS that dosen't have that duo in it.

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
jhoroz said:
It's almost like there's a very polarizing person involved, and as such people are going voice their unhappiness to hear said person is going to be involved in a Harmon show.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Shadefyre said:
jhoroz said:
It's almost like there's a very polarizing person involved, and as such people are going voice their unhappiness to hear said person is going to be involved in a Harmon show.
You're going to have to be a bit more specific because nearly every single person mentioned in the article (including Harmon himself) is a polarizing figure on the internet. And you're more than welcome to voice your displeasure, as much as I'm able to voice my displeasure about everyone's displeasure.

RaikuFA said:
jhoroz said:

I liked the WoW stuff. If the show didn't revolve around esports I'd watch it.

And I still fear for R&M getting canned. Dunno how much pull Tim and Eric have at AS but as long as they're there I fear for any show on AS that dosen't have that duo in it.
Isn't it pretty successful as far as Adult Swim shows go? I don't know the numbers, but just from looking at views on the occasional video on Youtube, a lot of them are in the millions.