Ride-In Daleks Teach Kids to Exterminate Life

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ride-In Daleks Teach Kids to Exterminate Life

The ultimate Doctor Who toy has arrived, but it might have unintended consequences on the kids that play with it.

The Daleks are the mortal enemy of Doctor Who [http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Complete-Matt-Smith/dp/B003EV6DBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296420141&sr=8-1] and someday hope to exterminate all life in the universe. How would you like your children to drive one around the neighborhood? Now they can, thanks to Zappies' Ride-In Dalek toys.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen, but it's pretty funny to see a few kids that can't be a day over 7 giggling while playing with a Dalek. Daleks are cyborgs basically designed to roll around and kill everything they find without emotion, so I had never thought about popping a toddler inside of one.

Zappies plans to release its Ride-In Daleks this June in the UK toy market, but they can also be ordered online [http://shop.zappies.com/toys/dr-who-ride-in-dalek.html]. Right now it looks like they come in five different colors for £199.99 ($317) each. The Daleks are battery operated, over 4 feet tall, and emit 10 sounds and phrases.

I wonder if a grown adult could fit, because I'm not sure these Ride-In Daleks are suited for kids. Here's an example:

"So, Billy, did you have fun at your playdate?"

"Yes, Mom. We exterminated all of humanity and killed off Doctor Who once and for all. Today, Earth, tomorrow, the universe!"

See what I mean?

Source: io9 [http://shop.zappies.com/toys/dr-who-ride-in-dalek.html]

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
That thing would've made my day when I was a kid!

Actually...I want one even now. Please make adult-sized ones!

EXTERMINATEEXTERMINATEEXTERMINATE
(my avatar goes really well with this line)

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
I want one. I don't care if I am 15, I still want it... Hmm, maybe i could give one to my little brother... ¬.¬ Mwuhahahaha....

[sub][sub]I iz a genius...[/sub][/sub]

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
What the hell? This is awesome, but what the hell?

I mean, when I was a kid I would've loved a robot to ride around in that tells people I want to kill them, but what the hell?

It's just too awesome.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Might be more impressed if they'd used the real Dalek design instead of the Mighty Morphin Dalek Rangers...

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
This looks really awesome, while also not. I can just imagine a bunch of people in those, going to a rave or something.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
The only shit part of these toys is that I'm not young enough to fit in one...

Damn my 22 going on 23ness!

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Don't you all see?!?

They're enslaving our children!

First the "toy" mobility unit, next the genetically scrubbed ethics and fully operational disruptor units, objections of the scientist caste be DAMNED!

THIS WAS DAVROS' PLAN ALL ALONG! THE KALED RACE IS DOOMED! YOU FOOLS! YOU MAD, EGOTISTICAL FOOLS!

(Ahem. Sorry, had to.)

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Back in the 60's they had something similar except it was just a cardboard box shaped like a Dalek with a slit to see out of and a couple holes for the hands and the child was suppose4d to hold a stick and plunger while trundling the entire device around as it lack the drive mechanism of this contraption.

Ah yes, here it is. [http://grahamward.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-am-dalek.html]

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
Dammit, some things like this make me want to have all this stuff when I was growing up.
...must think small...must think smaller...

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
That Guy Who Phails said:
Reed Spacer said:
Might be more impressed if they'd used the real Dalek design instead of the Mighty Morphin Dalek Rangers...
I don't know if you missed one of the episodes, but this is the official new design.
I didn't.

That's my point. The new design looks stupid.

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
So are the days of blaming videogames finally over?
Years from now when Billy goes on a murderspree, we will all point at the Zappies' Ride-In Daleks.