Ride On a Cloud in Minecraft's Adventure Update

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ride On a Cloud in Minecraft's Adventure Update

A spoiler screenshot for the Minecraft Adventure Update reveals a form of flight.

Upcoming Minecraft version 1.7 is called the Adventure Update, supposedly adding a large amount of content that will give players more to do than hack up chickens and build. Creator Markus "Notch" Persson has decided to keep most of the update secret, but tweeted an interesting image that features a floating character.

The image shows a player in the air apparently walking on some sort of cloud. The cloud has a trail behind it leading me to believe that it's some form of air travel.

I brightened the image up a little bit, but the original can be found here [http://i.imgur.com/IKc7E.png]. Persson said nothing along with his tweet of the image other than that it was a spoiler screenshot.

Theories put the cloud as a transport between the regular world and the sky dimension [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110205-Notch-Pumping-Air-Into-Minecrafts-Sky-Dimension], something that randomly occurs during a dream, or an object that players can build themselves. Only Mojang knows for sure.

Persson previously revealed underground ravines [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111218-Notch-Excavates-Underground-Ravines-in-Minecraft] as another new inclusion in the Adventure Update. One thing's for sure, Minecraft 1.7 will likely be the most interesting patch yet.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Mining clouds maybe?

I'm more psyched for underground ravines personally! I'm looking forward to discovering ancient ruins!

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Yay! Now I can build stuff in the clouds as well as on the ground! This is really looking like a big update and I can't wait to see it come to fruition.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Sweet. Didn't take long for the DBZ references though, did it? I'm betting on sky transport. If people can fly around at will, game saves will balloon in size.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I know this is blasphemy, but I haven't tried Minecraft. It looks interesting, but I'm not certain it's the game for me.

I wonder how you're supposed to get fly on the clouds? What kind of things will you have to make or find?

SuperMse said:
Now I gotta to find those Dragon Balls! Got to find them all! Go on a quest around the world, yeaaaah!
Just be wary of the Red Ribbon Army.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
This update looks like it will be more than enough to motivate me for a new enormous project!
Sky cities, underground towns...

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
I hope you CAN fly on it, but It's extremely rare to find / stupid hard to make. I don't want my railway to be insignificant. D=

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
I find it hilarious that half of the comments are DBZ references. A shame they beat me to it, or I would have made the same very obvious joke.

Getting to the sky dimension in a dream would actually be really cool. This makes bed doubly useful, and only adds to the atmosphere of the game.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
These patches seem to have less and less content in them each time and still keep their ridiculously long development time.

At least people looking forward to console Minecraft can rest assured that all of Mojang's work is being directed at that version considering Minecraft itself is getting virtually no support.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Well, I really hope this comes soon. Maybe this is a way to get to that sky land thing notch told us about.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
bob1052 said:
These patches seem to have less and less content in them each time and still keep their ridiculously long development time.

At least people looking forward to console Minecraft can rest assured that all of Mojang's work is being directed at that version considering Minecraft itself is getting virtually no support.
1.7 is the biggest update minecraft ever had. It includes adventure mode which is essentialy zelda with a purose etc. You press switches don't get to destroy blocks use pistons to move blocks...
The old patches aka secret friday updates from a few years ago often only included one item and at one time being able to use said item as the secobd patch.