Ride Out the Apocalypse in the World's First Zombie-Proof House

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Ride Out the Apocalypse in the World's First Zombie-Proof House

Behold the imposing awesomeness of the world's first zombie-proof house!

When it comes to making a final stand against the hordes of the risen dead, practicality is paramount. Function must trump form if you want to avoid having your face chewed like an undercooked steak. But that doesn't necessarily mean you have to sacrifice aesthetics, and there's certainly nothing that says you can't have a nice view while you await the undead apocalypse.

Designed by Polish firm KWK Promes [http://www.kwkpromes.pl/], the "Safe House" features an indoor swimming pool, a large, covered patio, a window-wall that opens onto a spacious second-floor balcony and provides a wonderful view, and a modern, attractive open-concept design. And when the zombies come, the whole thing essentially folds up into a giant, impenetrable block of concrete accessible only through a second-floor entrance protected by a rising drawbridge.
[gallery=219]
"The most essential item for our clients was acquiring the feeling of maximum security," the company wrote on its webpage, and it's not kidding. You nuke this place from orbit and maybe you'll get a peek inside, but anything less than that and you're probably just going to muss up the paint job. Of course, the ultimate anti-zombie abode isn't complete unless there's enough room in the basement for a multi-year supply of freeze-dried food and a couple of minigun emplacements on the roof, but this, I think, is a very good start.

Source: All That Is Interesting [http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Nope, This is [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/anti-zombie-fortress]!

And £5 says it works better than that technological failure ;)
Why? It has glass. Never hide in a building that has glass in a zombie apocalypse. Let alone a building with a glass outer wall!

Edit: I don't care if it folds up into a little concrete box, if you are caught with your pants down then your doomed.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
I so want to live in a house like that!
Even if the whole.. Zombie thing might seem a bit childish, it's an awesome house.

:)

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
But can it stop creepers......

When I 1st read zombie proof house I was expecting a dimly lit bunker in a ground but this place looks like it might actually be a nice place to live

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Oh my god...
That is actually quite a nice house too. I'd love to live there. Or maybe they'll design me a house for here in Perth... And build it. Haha, oh my god the looks on the neighbour faces would be hilarious.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
At first I was like, there are too many windows!

But then I was all like, oh it turns into a giant block of concrete.

Pretty tight house.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Holy crap. They're not kidding. Screw zombies, that's never going to happen, this is a house fit for a supervillain!

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I'm not convinced. How do they KNOW it's Zombie proof? Eh? Have they tested it?
And thus the Apocalypse began when researchers created zombies to test whether their zombie-proof design was effective in case a zombie apocalypse did in fact occur.

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
That house is a lot nicer that the missle silo i was thinking of, i wonder how much it costs...

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I'm not convinced. How do they KNOW it's Zombie proof? Eh? Have they tested it?
Short answer yes, long answer this is the last test being the ones before resumed as big mess and big hole for clean-up.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
That is a bit nicer than I expected.
*takes out check book*
Did you get a price on it?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
TimeLord said:

Why? It has glass. Never hide in a building that has glass in a zombie apocalypse. Let alone a building with a glass outer wall!
It folds up into a concrete barrier. I suppose that kinda offsets the glass

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
I Likes It! I do think it would be useful in a zombie apocalypse but I'd have the only exit an underground tunnel which would lead a few miles away where there would be another identical safe house and the same thing would happen from there until you have a connecting, one-way, system of tunnels and safe houses (which are stocked with supplies) around the world, all of them would lock down at the same time though so the zombies can't get me form the other side.

Captcha: Following evicyc, sounds like a bad (or good) horror movie.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
TimeLord said:

Did you miss the part where it transformers into a concrete bunker? Kinda the point if you read it...

Lol on your link though. But thats weakness is its windows, a bunker design is supperior.