Riders At The World's End - Phase 2: Mortal Danger [FROZEN]

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Hallas ducked back away from the commotion and drew his shotgun from it's holster.

"What are these things!?!" He yelled at Carl as he turned the crank of his shotgun once and strafed the second creature, shotgun pointed at its ugly head. It hadn't made it's move yet, "This ugly beast chose the wrong lunch, go for it, with Carl locked in combat with that thing I haven't got time to spare"

Carl dashed towards the thing then slid across the marble floor beside it, firing shot after shot at the thing, crank turning wildly as he slid, lead clouds soaring at it.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
"I'm Sallus, but you can call me Sal." he said, shaking the outstretched hand, "Are you, uh, injured or something? I could give it a look, if you want; I've got a little medical training for the Eyes..."

---

Buckshot clatters off the insectile creature's armor, and a few shards hit soft flesh. It rears and shrieks in pain, and backs off. Everything is going to plan, until Hallas hits a piece of fallen masonry and ricochets wildly. The shotgun flies form his hands, and he comes to a rest on his back with a burning in his leg where it twisted.

The creature shrieks again, and lunges toward him with ut's razor sharp pincers.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Hallas shrieked as the creature charged towards him, he backed up and took out his rifle, it wasn't made for close quarters fighting but it would have to do, he swung it up and gun-butted the creature hard in its ugly head then brought it back down and fired three times, sending three high caliber bullets blasting at it at close range.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
The beast narrowed it's eyes, in which there gleamed a worrying intelligence. Three times now it had missed it's prey, so it began a different approach. Hefting a lump of fallen masonry roughly half the size of Calr's torso, it hurled it at him with surprising accuracy

---

One bullet hit the insects shoulder, cracking the shell and turning the lunge into a spin. The creature hit the ground next to Hallas, and two of it's legs came down on top of him, crushing his body with surprising weight. Each limb had a cutting edge on one side, and these cut through skin and drew blood where the touched him. That was the 'lucky' shot

The second bullet screamed into nothingness, and struck the ceiling. A dusting of plaster and concreter shards came down, but nothing significant occurred.

The third, however, was the unlucky shot. As Mongrel leapt up behind the animal, the softpoint bullet flew up past it's arm and skimmed her head. She was spun by it's passing and fell back.

It wasn't till something wet got in her that she realized it had torn off her ear. Then the pain hit.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
"I uh... just got a couple semi-fresh wounds. I-it's nothing. They'll heal." she looked away, biting the tip of her thumb as she finished what she was doing. "Sal huh. I admit I was looking for someone a bit less skilled to fight with" she laughed. "I'm not really a soldier at the moment. More of a Inquisitor/Hunter type. I think I'd do horribly as a soldier." Skye racked her head for something, anything to say, but decided to keep her mouth shut in case she started talking incoherently.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
Loud rumbling and the sound of 2 load engines were suddenly heard outside the museum. Then a few voices yelling. A silhouette appeared in the doorway holding some kind of gun. Then a short burst of assault-rifle fire came straight at the second creature at the same time as a large-caliber crossbow bolt flew through the window towards the bleeding soft-spot on the same creature.The man in the doorway was briefly glanced in the muzzle flash as an asian man wearing some kind of skiing gear and a red bandana on his head. He was clearly with the Red Eagles. But no-one could tell where the crossbow bolt came from.

THe guy with the machine-gun is not Rez. With the way things are going I figure it would be better to send a scapegoat first. It will all be explained later. And they are shooting at the Large-ambiguous thing, not the dead bug.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
Hallas screamed, two bloody gashes opening on his chest, they weren't too deep but were etched all the way across him, he scrambled away from the creature and propped himself up against the wall. He looked, terrified at Mongrel, then with even more terror back at the creature.

Then with a sound thunk a bolt struck the thing, he looked around for the shooter but could not see him, not stopping to check he ran away from the thing towards his shotgun which lay in a corner covered in dust and small pieces of rock, he heaved it up then stowed his rifle on his back and aimed back at the now wounded thing with the shotgun.

Did you shoot my creature or nuba's? because the second creature is the bug, and it's not dead as far as I know.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
he better have not shot my creature because its Carl's fight also there is a third creature which I presume he has attacked

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Trevor stood back to admire his handiwork, Bandersnatch painted in white italics on the side of the bently, preceded by a snarling bear head. The boss might not have a knack for names, but Trevor's painting skill more than made up for it. There was an explosion from the direction of the Green baracks,but he ignored it. The Greens were his kinsmen, but he could not be associated with them, or that old woman with the flamethrower would slaughter him.

Meanwhile, Angus had begun to aid the relief effort by rebuilding the wall that surounded the small town, defending it (to some degree) from another Green attack. He had just finished placing another enormous tin sheet, a temporary measure, when there was an explosion from the Green barracks and the sound of muffled screams. The gunfire that had punctuated each word had suddenly stopped, causing some anxiety among the ranks. The Green walls collapsed at just that moment, as if to break the tension. Angus drew his revolver and ran to the viewing tower, seeing nothing but several Greens firing desperately at some unseen foe. O'Neill ran over as fast as his legs could carry him.

If anyone wishes to shed some light on the goings on over at Green barracks I'd be much obliged. I do have a back-up scenario if no-one wants to join, so no pressure

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
A Green commander stood overlooking the Red encampment/city. "They are many, but we have the Emerald King on our side!" she roared. They would attack this unclean city, and cleanse it in the name of the Almighty. Their 'leader' was nothing but an old woman, not long for the world anyway. Her troop raised their guns in agreement, and they fell into formation to commence the attack. Their formation could not however, save them from the monstrosities that had snuck behind them.

"COMMANDER TA-AAAARRRRGGGHHH" His call was cut short by his sudden lack of a voicebox. The creature that seized him looked reminiscent of what we call a praying mantis. Sharp blade like appendages struck the body several times before biting its head off and slurping on his innards. Distracted, the troop began firing at this bizzare creature, only to miss yet another one that grabbed two soldiers and sliced them in half. The order that had been present only a couple moments ago was now replaced by terror and confusion, as some soldiers shot each other in fear or by mistake.

"What in the name of... fall back! Retreat!" they were stuck between these... these things, and a Red city. There was nowhere for them to run, there was only death as the two things slowly ate their way through the barracks, bullets bouncing harmlessly off of their green exterior.
"AAAAGGHHHHH"
"OH MY G-"
"HELP"
Screams of pain and death filled the air as the ground seeped up the fresh blood. Their commander could only pray to the Jewels for a quick and painless death...

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
Okay, WTF? I thought the reds had no organized force or unified leader and that was why they hadn't beat the other two with their numbers! What is with all this "Leader" stuff?

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Viking Incognito said:
Okay, WTF? I thought the reds had no organized force or unified leader and that was why they hadn't beat the other two with their numbers! What is with all this "Leader" stuff?
1. talk to me on the group, 2. she's only the de-facto leader of this group, not the Reds as a whole. You can't expect a faction to be in complete anarchy

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Angus dived into the driver's seat of the car "Get in!" he screamed, stifling a laugh as Trevor climbed onto the turret. He Screamed with laughter as he abandonned the town. A Red crossing the street with whealbarrow pulled out of the way just in time, "I'll come back laterrrr!" he cried to a passerby. "I'm yelling alot aren't I?" He shouted up to Trevor as they neared the Green base.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
well, since no-one took up my generous offer to create a hideous monstrosity to attack the Green Base, It would seem my origional creation can be let out of its pen (made of Titanium alloy, obviously). Ladies and gentlemen! He's big! He's Bad! He's a... sort of monkey-rat-crocodile-frog..thing? Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome to the stage JOHNY NEEDLETEETH!

p.s. does the captcha phrase "landity" sound like 20's slang to you?

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Machine gun fire filled the room, and for a moment the first two creatures were confused. Then the third dropped from the roof, all long, spindly limbs and curving teeth and claws. The man screamed once, and then both were gone.

The bear/wolf/croc turned back to Carl and dived forward with a snarl, crushing him between one vast paw and the wall. It growls and starts pushing. As Carl feels the air being forced out of him, there is a crack as at least one rib breaks.

The insect stares at Hallas, then spits, covering his left arm and hand with a strange, sticky substance that burns where it hits. The creature looks drained, as if this a last line of defense, but the bile is starting to really hurt. There might be something in mongrels med-kit to help...

---

"Huh, an Inquisitor, eh?" says Sal, sounding impressed, "I guess that means you get all the really interesting missions, instead of the rank and file grunt work, right?"

---

They're out of the war-zone and heading for the relatively peaceful Green Zone. Everything is going according to plan. That is, all going to plan until a shape launches off a low roof and lands on the Bandersnach's bonnet. The car goes into a skid and crashes.

Night is falling, and the shape is nowhere to be seen.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
'fuck, that wasn't the plan' Carl said short of breath he then stabbed the creatures wrist with both of his knuckle dusters, 'try holding on to me with less blood' he then started cutting the wrist as quickly as he could with his knuckle dusters.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Skye blushed. "Y-yeah, I suppose... But then I don't get any of the fighting or shooting practice the normal soldiers..." she scolded herself for losing so quickly. "Which is why I probably lost... uh... you're pretty good." she said, grasping for any reason to keep talking to him.

Viking Incognito

Master Headsplitter
Nov 8, 2009
A few more shouting voices were heard outside before an chubby guy in a greasy jumpsuit ran in alongside Rez. The chubby guy fired up at the ceiling towards the spot where the first guy disappeared to with a shotgun and Rez charged the insect creature with his revolver in hand.
The chubby guy fired 4 shells before taking cover under a fallen bookcase. Rez fired 3 rounds at the insect's head with his revolver before hiding behind a crumbled stone wall where he noticed the assault rifle the other red had dropped. He sprinted towards it, making a diving grab before rolling into a nearby doorway where he took a moment to catch his breath behind the wall.