Riders At The World's End - Phase 2: Mortal Danger [FROZEN]

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
The Clown said:
ThreeWords said:
The Clown said:
He was in the read eagles, but left a long time ago to deal with business, he is still technically a member, but travels too much to be called and active member, he is still friendly with them though and occasionally drops in, no worries, I saw the comments you made on other factionless people. Anything you want me to change?
You seem to have misunderstood what a faction is. It's not like a company that keeps you on a pay roll and fires you if you don't do missions, it's a tribe of like minded people who have allied for mutual defense and/or profit. You don't just 'leave' the Eagles, unless you did something to make them hate you.
Ok, I was more thinking that he had left wherever they stay and hadn't been seen by them for a long time, still a part of the faction but not a dweller in their territories, but if it's a bit too complicated I'll get rid of it. It's hard to work without an extensive red eagle description.
They have no base, nor ruling system. They're bands of raiders, lowlives and lawless scum who have formed a half alliance to allow them to work together to stop the other factions ruining their fun. There isn't really anywhere to go away form them, since there are various tribes across the whole city.

It doesn't really matter that much, save that he's still a Red Eagle

nuba km said:
ThreeWords said:
uh... just wondering I placed my character in the red eagles but you never told me whether the character sheet was accepted or not, may please ask whether it is?
I must have missed it. I'll get to that now!

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
nuba km said:
Name: Carl'O Neil

Faction: Red Eagles

Appearance: military hair cut, green eyes, brown hair, 5" 10', gymnast like build (e.g. thin flexible but still strong), wears a motor bike jumpsuit and helmet.

Personality: love's the rush of driving and a good gun fight (often combining both), that's the reason he has become a courier as it is a very dangerous job, he like taking people out at either long distances or close up because both of them take more skill and are therefore more of a challenge then medium range combat. He is ecstatic when in danger and always tackles danger head on, when talking to people he ends to be very blunt. He is also a brilliant driver being able to drive across nearly any land scape and past any obstacle may it be above, below, through or around it he will get past it.

Equipment: Hunting rifle with a night scope and silencer, spear with a dragon head on the bottom of it and a spiraling dragon pattern on hits handle and a scimitar like blade at the end of it it's his pride and joy and he will risk his life to keep it, dynamite, knuckle dusters with knifes instead of spikes on them.

Vehicle: heavily modified quad-bike, it has spikes on the front of it, blades (like the ones from halos chopper) can come out of the side of it at the touch of a button, the driver sides in it like someone driving a sports motor bike, the pack seat is more designed to carry packages rather then people but people can still sit on it if they hold on tight.

Quote: 'you may have rockets but I have a spear, check mate!'
tell me if you want me to change anything.
All good. Accepted!

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
ThreeWords said:
Impluse_101 said:
Name: June Holiday

Apperence: 5"11 with short blue hair and blue eyes. Has some muscle since she's a mechanic. She has a pair of goggles on over her forehead and a black bandana to cover up most of her hair. She wears a grey longsleeved shirt with a t-shirt and vest over it. She wears dark blue jeans and has black leather boots. She also sports a pair of black gaunlets that help her with her strength.

Personality: She loves machinery and has quite a passion for her machines that she builds. Shes isn't organized with her blueprints for said machines. Generally quiet when around people, but not all the time if she has something to talk about. She's focused in her work as a mechanic and will be down in her work area for hours on end. She's a nice girl if you get to know her really well, and if you help her with finding nice machinery parts, she'll practically stand up for you in any situation.

Equipment: She carries with herself a portable tool box for whenever she needs to make repairs. Her weapon of choice is a .357 magnum that has a angel on the handle of it, usual .357 ammo for it as well, about 18 bullets worth. Her melee weapon of choice is her comicly large wrench that she has holstered on the back of her waist.

Vehicle: She wants to build herself a nice motorcyle, but however never found the parts needed for it. So for now has built herself a nice pair of roller skates that she's quite agile in.

Quote: "Touch anything that I haven't wanted to touch, and you might not see a wrench across the face."
Nice. Accepted!
*Twiddles Mustache* Simply nice~

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Impluse_101 said:
ThreeWords said:
Impluse_101 said:

Apperence: 5"11 with short blue hair and blue eyes. Has some muscle since she's a mechanic. She has a pair of goggles on over her forehead and a black bandana to cover up most of her hair. She wears a grey longsleeved shirt with a t-shirt and vest over it. She wears dark blue jeans and has black leather boots. She also sports a pair of black gaunlets that help her with her strength.

Personality: She loves machinery and has quite a passion for her machines that she builds. Shes isn't organized with her blueprints for said machines. Generally quiet when around people, but not all the time if she has something to talk about. She's focused in her work as a mechanic and will be down in her work area for hours on end. She's a nice girl if you get to know her really well, and if you help her with finding nice machinery parts, she'll practically stand up for you in any situation.

Equipment: She carries with herself a portable tool box for whenever she needs to make repairs. Her weapon of choice is a .357 magnum that has a angel on the handle of it, usual .357 ammo for it as well, about 18 bullets worth. Her melee weapon of choice is her comicly large wrench that she has holstered on the back of her waist.

Vehicle: She wants to build herself a nice motorcyle, but however never found the parts needed for it. So for now has built herself a nice pair of roller skates that she's quite agile in.

Quote: "Touch anything that I haven't wanted to touch, and you might not see a wrench across the face."
Nice. Accepted!
If you haven't noticed, I have a given quota of positive opinion per post. More words means less approval, less words means more goodness...

You can tell cos I always write loads when I'm being critical =P

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
ThreeWords said:
Impluse_101 said:
ThreeWords said:
Impluse_101 said:

Nice. Accepted!
If you haven't noticed, I have a given quota of positive opinion per post. More words means less approval, less words means more goodness...

You can tell cos I always write loads when I'm being critical =P
Didn't say that was a problem. You do your position well.

Yorgmiester

Feb 3, 2009
[HEADING=1]LOOK HERE, IMPULSE :D[/HEADING]

Name: Farley

Faction: Blue Eyes, Scavenger. Though safe in the protection of Blue Towers, the faction still needs supplies that are only available in the outside world. Farley is one of the Blue Eyes' scavengers who roam the city collecting things that they need.

Apperance: Standing eight feet and four inches tall and weighing in at nearly four hundred and fifty pounds, Farley is a hulking monster of a man. His shoulders are broad and his limbs are thick and powerful. Numerous scars streak his body. He has a thick brow and a large, chiseled jaw, and a nose that's been broken dozens of times. He sports a scraggly blonde goatee, while the hair on his head is patchy and always shaved. His eyebrows are thin, dark brown lines. His eyes, while small and slightly lopsided, are a beautifully piercing blue, in contrast to the rest of his rather ugly appearance. He speaks in a heavy Germanic accent.

Due to his incredible size and the lack of custom tailors in post-apocalyptia, Farley's attire is mostly patched together out of other items of clothing. His white tanktop is actually an over-stretched business shirt and his vest is a combination of multiple leather jackets crudely sewn together with construction staples. His ruddy blue jeans are likewise fashioned. He wears a pair of heavy steel-toed boots with a thick tread that bumps his height up another two inches.

Personality: Farley is a simple man. He has little mental capacity for hidden meanings or complicated logic; he knows what he knows, and he knows who he trusts, and he trusts what those people tell him. He is an extremely skilled mechanic and electrician, for these are simply systems, ones that he understands and can grasp easily. More intellectual reasonings and thought processes are usually beyond him, and he doesn't waste time pondering them.

Emotionally, Farley is very stable and very absolute; he enjoys thoroughly, loves absolutely, and hates with a vengeance. He is the worst kind of enemy and the best kind of friend. He views relationships with others through a very simple lens; if someone harms him they are an enemy, if they help him they are a friend. The only disruption in this logic is his dogged loyalty to the Blue Eyes, who's word he will often trust above his own instincts.

Equipment: A number of different weapons are almost always within Farley's reach, but his favorite is an M240 machine gun he calls "Poker", which he wields easily without a bipod. He usually carries a short-barreled shotgun on his belt, as a sidearm, and a large army knife. Ammo is always on his person or nearby in his truck, and various mechanic's tools for when he needs to take something apart or perform maintenance.

Vehicle: Victory through superior monstrosity is the notion behind the 12 ton beast of a vehicle that is Farley's "truck". It is more tank than automobile; an apocalypse machine of obscene proportions. Layers of armor plating, six man-sized tires that can traverse any terrain and a trio of audaciously powerful engines make the truck a speeding fortress. Generations worth of modifications have completely erased whatever the original vehicle was, and replaced it with a godlike abomination of mechanical engineering. It can carry more cargo than anyone in the city would care to know about, and defend it too. The truck's roof sports a shielded M134 minigun which can be controlled from inside the cab.

Quote: "Kwote? What is... what? That is dumb! No, go away. No, don't touch my gun!"

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Edited my post to include a bit more detail on the weapons on Jenny's car, he skills, and her job inside the Green Jewels.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
From what I have counted...Accepted Sheets in Factions Are...

Red Eagles: June Holiday, Carl O'Neil, Jacob Hark, Elias Greem, Hallas
The Blue Eyes: Alturis Melborne, Sid "Red" Rostenfer
Green Jewels: Jonathan Shannow, Selena Vera, Jenny Chao

Factionless: Mongrel, Bartelby Narrow

Red Eagles...very popular it seems.

Edit: *Ahem* I said Accepted Sheets by Three Words...

I do believe...I haven't seen your sheet accepted.

Captainguy42

May 20, 2009
Impluse_101 said:

It would make sense, seeing how they're the biggest faction although they're the least organized.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Alright, I have two final questions before I submit a character: "Is there a universal currency or bartering system in this RP?" and "What kind of beasts are crawling in this world?"

Yorgmiester

Feb 3, 2009
Impluse_101 said:

The Blue Eyes: Alturis Melborne, Sid "Red" Rostenfer, Farley

You missed one.

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Impluse_101 said:

Why wouldn't they be popular? They have freaking steampunk motorcycles, that automatically wins several internet cookies for awesomness.

The Clown

Don't bother running
Jun 29, 2009
ThreeWords said:
The Clown said:
ThreeWords said:
The Clown said:
He was in the read eagles, but left a long time ago to deal with business, he is still technically a member, but travels too much to be called and active member, he is still friendly with them though and occasionally drops in, no worries, I saw the comments you made on other factionless people. Anything you want me to change?
You seem to have misunderstood what a faction is. It's not like a company that keeps you on a pay roll and fires you if you don't do missions, it's a tribe of like minded people who have allied for mutual defense and/or profit. You don't just 'leave' the Eagles, unless you did something to make them hate you.
Ok, I was more thinking that he had left wherever they stay and hadn't been seen by them for a long time, still a part of the faction but not a dweller in their territories, but if it's a bit too complicated I'll get rid of it. It's hard to work without an extensive red eagle description.
They have no base, nor ruling system. They're bands of raiders, lowlives and lawless scum who have formed a half alliance to allow them to work together to stop the other factions ruining their fun. There isn't really anywhere to go away form them, since there are various tribes across the whole city.

It doesn't really matter that much, save that he's still a Red Eagle
Ok, I'll get rid of the former stuff, he's just a plain old read eagle.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Impluse_101 said:

Quick question: Is Jonathan Shannow an actual character? I thought he was just an example that 3W posted up. I hadn't realized that 3W had plans to actually use the charcater, if he does.

Apart from that, seeing as we're now in the "Thumb-Twiddly" period before the game takes off, I propose meaningless pregame banter about our characters. For example...

Having read Selena Vera and Jenny Chao's sheets, I'm really hoping Bartelby gets inquisitioned at some point. I'm assuming those two will be operating basically as a pair? That scene could be just fascinating.

Also Elias Greem, I can see our characters either really getting along or you killing me. It just depends whether you're character would consider running away disturbingly effectively to be in some manner equivalent to putting up a good fight.

And Farley... yeah ... I really hope we meet at some point. I've no idea what will happen once we do but god damn, that scene would just be funny.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Yorgmiester said:
Impluse_101 said:

You missed one.
1. Who did I miss?

2. So my character is a fanatic mechanic with a comicly oversized wrench as her melee weapon.....*scratches chin* I have no idea how anyone else would be acting twoards her besides them getting hit...with a wrench.

Captainguy42

May 20, 2009
Khedive Rex said:
Having read Selena Vera and Jenny Chao's sheets, I'm really hoping Bartelby gets inquisitioned at some point. I'm assuming those two will be operating basically as a pair? That scene could be just fascinating.
That could definetly work, I haven't talked to Hairminator about our characters working in tandem at least for the start.

TJM8

Jan 25, 2009
well since Alturis is only a trainee right now for the blue eyes I would love a mentor to get him out of the tower. Farley? Red? haha